Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP switch

HI guys
    Does any one know how to turn the ESP off full time ? my car is a black edition vti 120
    I was told you hold the buttton in for 10 seconds but this didnt work.
    Did bedford autodrome firday evening car just kept dieing out of first hair pin when ESP cut in ,but still great fun.

after you hit 25mph(i think) it switches it self on, the only way to turn it off is to sell your car and buy the ds3r
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

great idea sell the wifes fiat 500 and buy a ds3r she wont mind .
      do thp d sports have the same problem?

Comment

With the THP it's the same as the Racing

Comment

The ESP for the THP can be switched off permanently
          DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Fabian, can you explain how to turn it off permanantly? I checked the manual and couldn't see anything about it. Each time i start the car it turns itself back on again.

Comment

Only thing you need to do is pushing the button

But this is only for the THP and R versions!
              All other models Will automaticly switched on again after 30 km/h
              DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys ,spoke to some people today and its been susgested i pull out a 10 amp fuse out of the engine bay fuse box what controls the esp system .anyone tried it?

Comment

that may also disable your abs and bring lights on in your dash, really not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by nicksharp400 View Post
                    that may also disable your abs and bring lights on in your dash, really not worth it.
                    It will and the two systems are linked together as the ESP system requires use of the brakes in order to provide better traction.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

This woudnt be for road driving just the very odd track day i like to do.
                      I tried all diffent ways of taking that hairpin and esp cut in just about everytime ,when you anit got that much power it was a pain

Comment

Track days are better without ABS too so if the fuse takes out the ESP along with the ABS whilst still giving Servo assist then that sounds like a winner! Are there any negatives like error modes in the ECU or restrictions due the the detected "failure" of the systems? Anyone know which fuse?
                        DS3 DSport 110HDi Sport Red with Black Roof
                        Red Alcantara / Carbon Dash / My Way City Signature

Comment

Working...
                        X