Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzing from Dash cover

Hi there.

Having a really annoying buzzing coming from the dashboard "cover". the three pronged plastic cover over the dash instruments. It went in the dealers and was told they would sort it while looking at something else but wasnt done and to be honest I cant be bothered to book it into the dealer again.

While driving there is a vibrating/humming from the cover that is nearly constant and on motorway journeys when i havent got the radio blasting it is *&$%ing annoying as hell. It can easily be stopped by resting a finger on the left hand "prong" of the cover, dont really even need to apply that much pressure. A swift whack stops it for two seconds before it starts again.

Is there a easy way of removing the cover or get access to the way it is conencted to the rest of the dash so I can see if there is something there or maybe just loose and needs tightening?!?!?

Cheers
    110HDi Dsport
    Manitoba grey body / Carmen red roof
    Carmen red dash

Here is the how to on removing the dash panels that WTF posted http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ove-dash-panel.
    That said, the car is under warranty so I would let them fix it. Remember if you break it you get to buy a new one even if it is a fairly simple job.:eek:
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
      Here is the how to on removing the dash panels that WTF posted http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ove-dash-panel.
      That said, the car is under warranty so I would let them fix it. Remember if you break it you get to buy a new one even if it is a fairly simple job.:eek:
      thanks for that but the bit I need to look at removing is the bit on top of the dash, the plastic 3 pronged bit that sits over the instruments. couldn't see that bit on any of the photos in the guide.

know what you mean about warranty but would like to just pop a couple of clips or something and tighten a nut instead of booking car in, getting courtesy car, etc.......
      110HDi Dsport
      Carmen red dash

Comment

That will be a little more complicated, It is screwed in from underneath. Here are some pics from the a guy in the German forums that took his off.

I would just book it again

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG%202423.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	353465Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG%202425.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	353466
        Attached Files
        Last edited by cyclone; 15-09-2011, 06:49.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Back to the dealer it is then!!!

Thanks for the help.
          110HDi Dsport
          Carmen red dash

Comment

Working...