Temperature Guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Guage

I have an 8 month old DS3 White and up until the middle of last week when running normally the needle of the temperature guage sat to the right of the middle of the centre bar on the temperature guage.

In the middle of last week this dropped to the end of the previous bar and did not climb higher.

When i checked the expansion tank yesterday this was empty so filled it up and have only done a 3 mile drive to the station today.

I would have thought with a lack of water the guage would have gone higher.

Has anybody any bright ideas should I be concerned.

Also for the first time today the car didnt start first time and struggled a bit (although at 6.30am there was quite a dew so may have been slightly damp) as the car is always left outside on the drive.

Lemon...

Comment

Thanks a lot very helpful

Comment

No Problem,

When You Say You 'Filled' The Expansion Tank, Did You Literally Fill It To The Brim ? Or The Line ?

Maybe Your Guage / Sensor Is Broke / Out Of Alignment.

Just Take It Into Your Dealer, It's Under Warranty So Nothing To Worry About...

Comment

Have a car were the temp sensor is located high in the end tank of the radiator. When I sprung a leak the level dropped below the sensor. So the gauge showed colder while the car was overheating from lack of coolant. Stupid place for the sensor. Don't know how the DS3 is set up.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I had a similar issues recently (Engine running very warm whilst trying to compensate for two failed pistons) and the temperature guage didn't reflect this.

What engine is it? Out of curiosity.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Filled the water to the line that said max

Got back to the station tonight and same problem not starting first time and struggled to start.

Will have to ring garage tomorrow but as I spend 13-14 hours away from home each day it's a real bummer

Comment

That would be wise as all that water went somewhere. If no visible leak then maybe into the combustion chamber and being burned "smoke from your tailpipe" or worse into your oil, check to see if the oil level has gone up or if there is a yellow whitish froth / scum on the underside of the oil fill cap. That would be very bad.

Comment

Have checked the oil filler and no froth on the cap and no visible smoke from rear.

Garage have suggested a water leak (although not seen any evidence on drive ) and temp guage could be reading air not coolent,(allegedly)

Starting problem no idea until they plug it into the computer.

Going in tomorrow so will let you know what they say.

Comment

Keep us updated and good luck

Comment

Picked the car up yesterday late afternoon to be told no leaks, engine temperature running normal ,and they could not recreate the starting problem.

This rang alarm bells and guess what at 6.30am this morning as I set out for the station same starting problem (I had explained the car needed to be left probably at least 12 hours for the fault to surface.)

On a test run last night the temperature for 'normal' was way below what I had previously been experiencing as 'normal'

Anyway long email on train to service department copying in general sales manager who sold me the car and on my arrival at work he rang full of apologies and explained that this time they will take it and keep it for as long as they need to identify the problem.

They are leaving a DS4 as an alternate car (pity they had a racing on the forecourt) but still better than a C1

Comment

Point of note to everyone is to make sure that the engine is running when you top up the water in the expansion tank to over under and over filling.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Spoke to the garage today and they confirmed that the car failed to start but they have no idea what the problem is and guess what they have a C3 of the same age with exactly the same problem

The dealer has contacted Citroen and are waiting for a reply so I'm stuck with the DS4 which would you believe has 4 options for the sound of the indicator WHY.

I will keep you informed

Comment

Originally posted by Sbbuts View Post
                            ... so I'm stuck with the DS4 which would you believe has 4 options for the sound of the indicator WHY...
                            Why not?

Keep us updated with your DS3's progress, be nice to know what the outcome is - it all adds to the fountain of knowledge!
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Just spoke to the garage as they were supposed to ring me first thing to confirm that the fix citroen suggested has worked.

I was initially told yes we rang yesterday to say it was fixed and I had to remind them that they were supposed to ring today to confirm car starting ok

Not yet been tested and the DS4 I am driving is needed back ASAP as they have been told to return it to France as there is a part missing and the car is dangerious to drive.(isn't that just wonderful to know having driven over 300 miles in it some on motorways)

Why are service departments (it seems all makes of car in the Bexhill area in paticular) so usless and badly let down the sales departments.

Comment

Working...
                              X