Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions

Im gettin my ds3 today
    Im putting a new stereo in it... but i got told this invalidates the warranty because it changes the electrical system ?
    Also regarding the service package can i buy it after ive taken the car away ? so say in 6months i can buy the package?
    Thanks
    Dan

I think service package has to be taken out at the start. As for the stereo why change it?

Comment

not sure bout the sevice package, i got mine thrown in!! :cool:

as with adi, how come u wana change?? and i suppose if you did change and something happened, swap them before you go the dealer!
      Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Stereo has control over various car functions, and is decent! Unless you want to compete in spl competitions, its worth leaving in.

Comment

Which DS3 Is It ? Does It Have The HiFi ?

Comment

its a dstyle plus special ed.. and because i want to use ipod/iphone via head unit also bluetooth as i do high millage at weekends.. and citroen want around 200 to put a parrot into it.. so i figured i buy new headunit 150 can do it all? and no just the standard system
            Last edited by danielt89; 04-10-2011, 12:36.

Comment

I'd have gone for the parrot. Whats an extra fifty quid if otherwise you invalidate your warranty

Comment

Or just change the stereo back every time you visit the service?

I don't get it that how it's going to void your warranty if you replace the stereo..? It's not like aftermarket stereos are common to go up in flames if you plug em to a car.

Comment

I agree with ds3finlan.. how will they know i have changed the stereo if i put the original back in it when i have it serviced? and im only pluggin a new head unit into the car?, yeh an extra 50£ but i still wont be able to use ipod via usb or iphone and will have leads everywhere to charge iphone and jack lead for aux input?

Comment

Originally posted by danielt89 View Post
                    yeh an extra 50£ but i still wont be able to use ipod via usb or iphone and will have leads everywhere to charge iphone and jack lead for aux input?
                    have a nosey here http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ghlight=iphone - ive a 3 way cable and an usb adapter thing for the cigarette lighter, works grand. Yes, its a bit crap not being able to change songs on radio/steering controls but sound quality is grand.
                    Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Working...
                    X