AUX function - what's it for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUX function - what's it for?

My AUX function is just a hole and I understand you have an option for use etc., does anyone know if this can also be a USB and would it have to be re-configured etc?

My 1 series had this option and I miss not having it (I think that's about the only thing I do miss though!)

Thanks

It's not a USB socket, it's for a 3.5mm jack plug, eg from an iPod or iPhone headphone socket.

Not as useful as a USB, as you don't have the same controllability from the head unit or via the steering column controls, but still very useful.

Comment

My Dstyle has both Aux and USB, think this is part of the hifi upgrade I picked?
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

You can retro fit a USB socket, someone did. Cost about £100 for the parts if I remember correctly

Comment

As The Guys Have Said Above It's For A Cable That Goes By Many Names ( 3.5mm Jack Lead / Jack - Jack / AUX Cable + More ! ), It Looks Like:-

One End Plugs Into The Aux Socket Hole And The Other Into The Headphone Jack Of Your Music Device,

There Is A Small Adapter Device That You Can Buy From Citroen That Gives You The Use Of USB

http://www.citroencarparts.net/9702ez-mp3-adaptor/

Comment

The aux input is a pretty standard thing to have. I've never owned a car without it.

Comment

lol visons of people pluging in old sony walkmans and blaring out rick ashley and wham cassettes
              e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
              Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Im guessing its actually possible to plug a cassette tape in. EPIC ^^
                DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

Originally posted by billy smith View Post
                  lol visons of people pluging in old sony walkmans and blaring out rick ashley and wham cassettes
                  What's not to like?

Let's all have a quick chorus of "Never Gonna Give You Up" for anyone who's got the THP misfire woes!

Comment

Some of us even have him on CD (oh the shame!!)

Comment

im using it to plug my netbook so i can look at movie in 5.1 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by PlymTom View Post
                        Im guessing its actually possible to plug a cassette tape in. EPIC ^^
                        I wonder if you can plug in one of those USB Turntables - would set the dash off just lovely

I'm sure I've got some Vinyl sitting around somewhere !

Comment

Many years ago, when I started driving, and before the advent of 8-track tape players, a company produced a car record player where you posted the disc in a slot just like modern CD players. It was considered the dog's bollocks at the time.

In my new DS3, I have yet to play a CD. The 16GB USB thumbnail sized stick I have accommodates pretty much all my music, plus a couple of audiobooks and some language courses.

Comment

8 track I remember those, showing your age sir. Uuups so am I now
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I had a Part-Ex in the other day which had a Mini-Disc player installed!
                              Last edited by Bigfeet; 25-10-2011, 08:06.
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X