Watchdog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watchdog

Does anyone have any idea if the DS3 diesels have the "Diesel Particulate Filter" fitted and has anyone had any problems? Been featured on Watchdog but it was on a Fiat 500 and a Nissan. Does it apply to Citroens? Not sure if there is a warning light on the dash- the Fiat had one! Cheers

Hi Pearla,

No, I've not heard anything nor seen anything about errors on here. Citroen wasn't mentioned so I don't think there is anything to worry about

I'm sure there would be a warning light should anything arise so it wouldn't go unnoticed, my broken C3 used to like to flash dashboard lights at me and she was rubbish in comparisson re onboard software.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Hi,

Yes The Diesels Do,

Its A Giant Tank Looking Thing Beside The Turbo In The Engine Bay,

No DS3 Owners Have Reported Any DPF Faults As Yet And Yes Citroen Does Have A Warning On The Dash For It...

Comment

also says in the handbook/manual page 190 as soon as traffic conditions permit. regenerate the filter by driving at a speed of least 40 mph (60 km/h ) intil the warning lamp goes off if the lamp stays on. this indicates a low additive level and it will be the service indicator that will be displayed on the dash

lol will try that with my local plod [ sorry officer for doing 40 in a 30 zone was just regenerating my deisel paticulate filter and needed to do this constant speed to get the service light off the dash dials lol
        Last edited by billy smith; 21-10-2011, 17:35.
        e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
        Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Hi all. Please forgive me but I never saw the Watchdog article and am a little remiss concerning the points mentioned.
          Could someone please enlighten me and should I, as a 110 hdi owner, be overly scared?
          Thanks in advance,
          Jon
          Boomerangs are just frisbees for lonely people!!!! :snowy0:

Comment

Hi Billy,
            sorry you must have a different handbook to me, my page 190 is to do with changing wheels. Its a bit worrying as some people were looking at bills of £1K to replace the unit, but admittedly this was not on a citroen. Caused by them doing a lot of town driving/short trips and as you say they had to do a 20 minute drive at 50 mph just to regenerate the unit.
            Thanks to all who replied

Comment

No Jon basically

Comment

[QUOTE=nicksharp400;47059]No Jon basically[/QUOTE

Thanks, totally, Nick
                Boomerangs are just frisbees for lonely people!!!! :snowy0:

Comment

no probs pearla if you have a diesel model. im sure its in the manual somewhere it.ll be the service light that comes on the dash but then if in doubt just give ya car dealer a call for more info. as im sure they have all been made aware via watchdog going out on air or a mass email round all dealerships.
                  e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
                  Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

In a previous life before DS3 land I had a Fiat 500 1.3 TD which "no surprise to those on the forum who know me was not exactly standard spec" did occasionally throw up an error regards the "emmisions system" (Fiat speak). This was down to the DPF and was according to the manual a common issue and cleared by driving at a higher speed for a mile or two. Before Mr Flashremapping suggests that meant around Castle Coombe try the
                    A4174 Birstol ring road instead!

Comment

Stop Worrying Guys,

Its Fixable Under Warrenty...

Comment

2000km on the clock now DPF warning just came on in display panel while motorway driving (110kmh) and service light on dash also came on changed down into 4th and drove on so revs slightly higher, light went out for about 30 seconds only to came back on
                        again about 2 km down the road only about 3k from home so upped the revs again for the last stretch and light now out but car
                        stinks after parking up (hot oily stink) i am thinking not normal and possibly dealer issue but before i make a fool of meself what do you think??
                        There are old pilots, There are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots

Comment

the dpf burns off the soot that builds up thats what the smell is nothing to worry aboot if it keeps comming on with the service light try driving on motorway for 20 mins each way @ a constant 50-70 mph as it worked on ours when we ad the prob and its not happened since

Comment

I've had my 1.6 hdi for a yr n a half and i've never had any problems with the engine at all, no lights no spluttering nothing. I do take it for a run up a local duel carrigeway most fridays, but she runs sweet as a nut
                            Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

think the problem is my average speed for my weekly commute through dublin outskirts is 27kmh obviously needs a good spin out
                              somewhere will take her for a blast over the weekend
                              There are old pilots, There are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots

Comment

Working...
                              X