Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement tyre spec?

Hey all,

I've had the most expensive screw of my life ( ) and my tyre is unrepairable. I've only 2000 miles in the car so i was just going to replace it like for like but i'm being overwhelmed by the choice of 88v re050a available.

Does anyone know the exact spec? I think this is the right one here but I just wanted to check. There seems to be a lot of variations on the same tyre. It shouldn't be this hard to find a tyre, lol. Just seems to be a lot of variation on the theme.

Also, are the directional? I only ask because they have "outside" wrote on the sidewall.

Gutted really, as the cheapest I can find fitted is £143.40 fitted at blackcircles.

Sorry, this seems like such a noob question

Yes your tyres are directional as you spotted by the 'outside' written on the side wall. I would suggest asking you dealer to supply as you might be surprised at the cost.

I just had two tyres fitted for my Picasso from our workshop and they beat the price of a local tyre 'supermarket'!
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
      I would suggest asking you dealer to supply as you might be surprised at the cost.
      I was surprised when I got a quote from my dealer - but not in a good way!

Not for the first time, I'm wishing I lived a bit closer to Biggie's place of work.

Comment

Yip there correct for your car

Comment

£143.40 Fitted For Good Bridgestones Isn't Really That Bad,

If Its Too Much For Your Pocket Just Get Another Brand ?

Comment

yeah, it is not too much although double the price of what my old cars toyos used to cost me. just gutted it has lasted for a whole 2 months, haha.

The joys of motoring.

I'm also a firm believer of keeping tyres same. i will only swap pairs if that makes sense and when the treads go down, i will be looking to change to another brand cause the bridgestones don't seem too highly rated.

Cheers for the info. i shall order now.

Comment

Just to clear things up the Bridgestone RE050A tyres are Asymmetric not Directional see here for the difference.
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                Just to clear things up the Bridgestone RE050A tyres are Asymmetric not Directional
                Arlow's right - the re050's are directional, the re050a's are asymmetric.

Take care when ordering - some websites don't distinguish clearly between the 2. I came across one site that had wrongly labelled the directional version of the tyre as re050a, and another that was using a picture of a re050a to sell a re050.

It would have been easier all round if Bridgestone had used a different name, or at least a code number that is more different than just one character.

Comment

great, glad i was not the only bewildered by the labeling system that Bridgestone have adopted!

I phoned the dealer as well btw, they told me it would take a week to order in. WTF is that all about? I may need to just buy another spare, just in case!

Comment

Originally posted by iwelford View Post
                    they told me it would take a week to order in. WTF is that all about?
                    Remember it's winter tire time. All those somer tires are most likely pushed back into the farthest reaches of the most forlorn warehouse in "........" insert God forsaken town here
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                    X