Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watchdog

THP/ACCELERATION/POWER ISSUES

As somebody mentioned in a previous post, we should maybe start alerting this to watchdog. Citroen might move themselves a bit more if it gets some bad press. I did one earlier. The form takes two minutes to do, and if we're all as bothered as we say we are about it, then surely its worth the effort. (No point us all moaning on here!)

Anyway, the link is :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

The more they receive about it, the more they are likely to investigate.

To me, the biggest issue apart from lack of performance (which ultimately, I can live with or if it bothers me enough, get rid of the car) is the safety issue. There has been a few times when I've tried to pull away from roundabouts/junctions, or tried to overtake, and the car has been close to stalling or simply not pulling away quick enough. Some very close encounters indeed! I think if you stress that, Watchdog may pay more attention as apposed to "my car isnt as quick as id like it to be".

If we can all say when we've done it, or maybe what we've said, then would be useful to keep track of who has completed a form.
    Last edited by damessiahuk; 28-10-2011, 12:58.

Shoulda Bought A HDi xD

Comment

Alert what to watchdog? You don't say. Have you probs with thp or jumping on diesel filtration prob that never mentioned citroen.If your having close shaves overtaking then your not assesing the situation properly as you should always allow for a problem. Yes I do know what I'm talking about (driving instructor)

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
        Alert what to watchdog? You don't say. Have you probs with thp or jumping on diesel filtration prob that never mentioned citroen.If your having close shaves overtaking then your not assesing the situation properly as you should always allow for a problem. Yes I do know what I'm talking about (driving instructor)
        hmm!
        Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Sorry. my bad. Im not a forum kind of guy so learning the ropes.

I meant the acceleration/power issue people, including myself, have been having.

Comment

Now I sure there was an Info Rapid for that.......!

If your having issues with the throttle response check in with your Dealer, a couple of members have stated the same problem and subsequently had it sorted.

If I was to take a guess I would point at the turbo myself.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

been to the dealer three times and each time they draw a blank. the problem is that it doesnt happen consistently so hard to demonstrate the problem.

Comment

Worst kind of problem, when it happens occasionally.

The problem with the modern diagnostic machines is that the problem must be there in order for it to diagnose it! The only other suggestions would be to try another dealer, a fresh set of eyes can do wonders, or to make a log of when and what situation the problem happens. After you have a bit more data try returning to your dealer and see if that helps in finding a solution.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I knoiw what you mean, you've perhaps worded it a little incorrectly but hopefully it's in your complaint in the right way.

I too explained that I was overtaking a lorry on the motorway to Somerset, put my foot down and moved out, almost instantly the power was gone, the engine made a loud "bang" and the power returned just as a dickhead in an M3 hurtled up behind me and flashed his headlights.

It also happened a few times on a roundabout near me "off A40 to go t Uxbridge" and the nutters on there dash around at the best of times, I go t move out at a safe time and lose power, it then turns out to be an unsafe time to pull out as I'm sat in the middle of a grand prix circuit as I wait for the power to come back.

Sadly the info Rapids couldn't help with this
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                    Worst kind of problem, when it happens occasionally.

The problem with the modern diagnostic machines is that the problem must be there in order for it to diagnose it! The only other suggestions would be to try another dealer, a fresh set of eyes can do wonders, or to make a log of when and what situation the problem happens. After you have a bit more data try returning to your dealer and see if that helps in finding a solution.
                    This is exactly what I did and they tried to recreate the problem logged on the dignostics and after a week they did. After a month I got my car back and after 10 days it hasn't lost power (new record). Is it fixed? for now it is and once again I absolutely love my car but for how long? My guess is another 2 weeks before it goes again. My notes and correspondence have gone from a small stack of papers to two whole folders. It's sad when you just want to enjoy your car but in the back of your mind you're waiting for it to go again.
                    sigpic

Comment

yeah, ive tried keeping a log but again its so inconsistent (and hard to do when youre driving).

Sometimes we can go whole journeys with no power.

Sometimes it drives like a dream, then on the home stretch, or for about 400 metres it just loses it. Then comes back later on in the same trip. (at which point i think im imagining it).

And its at different times... sometimes in 2/3rd gears, sometimes all gears.

ad it booked in to a different garage, but as we were driving the other day (days after a service) the engine warning light came on. Took it back to the same dealer and kicked off (given that they had just serviced it). theyve kept it in for a bit longer now and have given us a courtesy car. We will see what happens after this.

If they dont solve it this time, i will take to another dealer (and never return to that one!)

I wouldnt mind but theyre just so disinterested in my problem.

Anyway, somebody else suggested the watchdog thing in another thread. Thought id give it a bit more prominense. Dont wanna clog this thread up with more whinging about the engine!!

Comment

this is the other worry for me and my final point as I don't want to take this thread off topic as I am 100% behind the Watchdog campaign.

When my engine cooleant was empty for 2 weeks- no warning lights
                        When my oil was all over my engine and not in it - no warning lights
                        When my head gasket blew - no warning lights
                        When the power loss occurs and is logged on the diagnostics - no warning lights
                        sigpic

Comment

That 'on-off' power issue sounds just like the problem I had. I thought it was a sticking turbo wastegate, but it was diagnosed as a weak timing chain tensioner that was putting the timing out, and was "cured " by fitting a new tensioner and timing chain (except it now seems to have a new set of problems, with hesitation, lumpy power delivery and jerkiness - watch this space...)

Comment

Working...
                          X