Dislodged sill plastic trim on high kerb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dislodged sill plastic trim on high kerb

I was negotiating a tight turn in a car park with high kerbs both sides on Saturday and caught the nearside kerb - I managed to partially remove the plastic trim strip that is fixed to the underside of the sill. On the spot repairs using boot and/or fist were unsuccessful. A couple of the plastic poppers were damaged/sheared off so I had no alternative but to head to a hardware store and purchase some gaffer tape in order to tape up the strip and allow me to continue my journey. The strip was not completely removed - it was hanging from the front so I thought is best to leave it rather than attempt to remove the whole thing (I couldn't have fitted it into the car anyway as I had 4 passengers).

I tried a couple of do-it-at-home scratch repair type people but they didn't want to know about loose trim. I'm not sure I can do the job myself as I don't know how to get hold of replacements for the broken poppers and it would seem that normal household tools - hammers etc, would not be suitable to push these poppers in - looks like they need speicalist equipment.

Citroen Assist (and Direct Line Rescue) would not help as it was classified as an accident.

What is the advice of people here. Could I do it myself? (I'm 65 and not as strong as I used to be) or should I take it to a local body shop (Coventry Citroen were no help - they suggested somewhere in Bedworth 30 minutes away). Would a local body shop consider it too trivial to do?

DT

Any chance you could post up some pictures so we know what you're refering to exactly?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Pop into your local dealer and get them to order the clips for you, if you have access to a lift or axle stands it is an easy job to do.

With a local body shop you may well be charged an hour to two hours labour.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I should have the clips for the long sill trim

Comment

Fweeeend ?

Same As You - Ripped It off On A Kerb...

Dealer is Sorting For Me Tomorrow

Comment

Working...
          X