Servicing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing question

I've done roughly 12k miles since buying my DS3 and I've got the spanner/mileage countdown appearing every time I start the car.

Can I take my DS3 to any garage for servicing or does it HAVE to be Citroen? I'm thinking of them having to mess around with the ECU, etc. Only wondering as all dealers are relatively expensive.

Cheers!

PS. I saw someone drive past me on the M62 on Friday afternoon with a DS3 Club sticker!

If I remember correctly, you can take your car to be serviced at any proper garage which has a stamp (Doesn't have to be Citroen)

But to keep your warranty, if they replace any parts the new parts need to be approved by Citroen

Not 100% on this, I'm sure Bigfeet could clear it up

Comment

nice one, thanks for the reply. it was the same with my previous car having to use "genuine" parts, just concerned that it won't void my warranty if i go elsewhere and i may have a flashing icon on my dash if the ECU doesn't get updated!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMagic89 View Post
        nice one, thanks for the reply. it was the same with my previous car having to use "genuine" parts, just concerned that it won't void my warranty if i go elsewhere and i may have a flashing icon on my dash if the ECU doesn't get updated!
        I think you can get rid of the flashing icon yourself, something to do with a combination of turning the ignition key and pressing the buttons next to the speedo I think.

Whatever garage you go to they should be able to clear the service indicator for you though

Comment

You are welcome to take your DS3 to any garage for a service, as long as they follow the servicing guidelines as stated in your Service Book and use approved parts. For your warranty to remind you must have the vehicle serviced as required by the servicing schedule.

Don't fall into the pit of thinking that the main dealers are expensive, get a quote for the job first as it might surprise you, the first service is more of an inspection service as doesn't take too long. Besides if you have any trouble later down the line you have covered yourself much better than wandering outside the network.

This reminds me of a odd customer I once had, he insisted that the next used car he would buy had to have a full Citroen service complete with dealer stamps, but his part exchange had non Citroen dealer stamps and he informed me that he would be doing the same again with the next car. Made me smile that did!
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Also, if you take your car to a garage other than citroen and they don't reset the service indicator:

After each service, the service indicator must
            be reset to zero.
            The procedure for resetting to zero is as
            follows:
             switch off the ignition,
             press and hold the trip distance recorder
            zero reset button,
             switch on the ignition; the distance recorder
            display begins a countdown,
             when the display indicates "=0" , release
            the button; the spanner disappears.

Comment