Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Cooler pump for the injection unit" - anyone know what this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Cooler pump for the injection unit" - anyone know what this is?

I posted this query in the DS3-R thread yesterday, but I'm reposting it here in case the THP experts missed it over there.

According to my dealer, my chronically underpowered, misfiring THP "needs a new cooler pump for the injection unit" (this diagnosis arrived at after lengthy discussions between said dealer and Citroen UK).

"Cooler pump for the injection unit". Anyone care to hazard a guess what that might refer to?

they mean a much better looking one of course! - polished alloy and so on

no seriously that's got me beat - there's no mention of an injection cooler pump in this on t'internet....download here

Direct gasoline injection for even more power.

Mounted at the rear end of the intake camshaft, the mechanically driven two-piston high-pressure pump delivers fuel to the injection valves via a stainless-steel distributor rail. These high-pressure valves inject fuel directly into the combustion chambers from the side at a pressure of up to 120 bar, in the process maintaining a homogeneous distribution of the fuel/air mixture in the combustion chambers.

At a compression ratio of 10.5:1, the turbocharged engine is compressed to a relatively high level for an internal combustion engine of this type. Precisely this is why the combustion process is monitored also in this case by anti-knock control correcting the ignition angles and charge pressure whenever required.
    Last edited by Owd git; 17-11-2011, 13:24.
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Dealer Lying To You...

Comment

Originally posted by Owd git View Post
        no seriously that's got me beat - there's no mention of an injection cooler pump in this on t'internet....download here.
        Many thanks for the links - confirms my view that it sounds like bs

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
          Dealer Lying To You...
          But why would they? They've no reason to hide the nature of the fault - unless they're using the delay in getting the replacement "cooler pump" as a ruse to buy more time to find out exactly what's wrong with it? Surely not!

Comment

In all my years in the motortrade (lots of different makes) I have never come across a injection cooler pump on a petrol fuel car, as said before sounds like bs and dealer stalling for time.

It's nearly as bad as I once heard a tech say to a customer that the reason his lhd car was pulling to the right was the
            due to the left hand drive tyres he had fitted.
            DS3 Dsport + White / Black

Comment

Hot News Update - the dealer says that the turbo on the THP is water-cooled by an auxiliary water pump, and that one of the fault codes indicated that the said pump was malfunctioning, so it had to be replaced.

And it was. And guess what? It made no difference whatsoever.

Further update here:

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...wer-loss/page3
              Last edited by gar074; 28-11-2011, 18:27.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                Hot News Update - the dealer says that the turbo on the THP is water-cooled by an auxiliary water pump, and that one of the fault codes indicated that the said pump was malfunctioning, so it had to be replaced.

And it was. And guess what? It made no difference whatsoever.

Further update here:

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...wer-loss/page3
                it'll be one of these then - no wonder it made bugger all difference

Maximum exhaust gas temperature is monitored by the electronic engine
                “brain” and is limited to 950 °C (1,742 °F). To prevent excessive build-up of
                heat in the oil- and water-cooled turbocharger after the engine has been
                stopped, an additional electrical water pump starts automatically as soon as
                the car comes to a standstill, dissipating any excess thermal energy from
                the system.
                Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

I've got that thing changed in my car 3 times -.-

Comment

Working...
                  X