oil change & frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil change & frequency

Hi all, having just about 500km on the clock since collection want to ask about oil change frequency & when
    you would recommend i get oil changed for the first time? back in the day i would run the car (or Bike) in for about 1000 miles (1600 km) then it would have a dealer first free inspection service (guess them days are
    gone) i would change oil and filter then and again every 3000 miles after .. any suggestions or what do you do?
    There are old pilots, There are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots

I always change the oil every 5k, thats miles not kilometers

Done that with my last few cars, and all my families cars
    63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
    X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
    12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
    61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
    60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
    02 RenaultSport Clio 172
    04 RenaultSport Clio 182
    51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

I'm a believer in more frequent oil changes than manufacturers' recommendations. Yeah I've heard all about synthetic oils easily lasting 20,000 miles, but for a few quid why not do an intermediate change or two?

I got myself one of these which works surprisingly well on the DS if you make sure that the oil is good and hot before you start.

Makes the job really clean and easy.......if you don't drive over the bucket of oil afterwards :mad:

Also got my oil off the Bay at a decent price.

I didn't change the filter on the first occasion because I couldn't easily find it but will sort that next time
      Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

what an excellent gadget I might have to invest in that I think I will continue with my age old plan, every 5000 miles seems a bit much to me thats 8000km and getting on for almost a year of my boring commute mileage, surely nice clean oil can only
        pay dividends.
        There are old pilots, There are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots

Comment

Working...
        X