Parking Lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Lights?

On my previous cars I've been able to leave one side of side lights on by putting the indicator stalk in the turn-left or turn-right position...

But whatever I try on the DS3 no lights will stay on...

Anyone any ideas?

Regards,
    Clive.
    Last edited by CliveP; 29-11-2011, 23:12.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Turn it to the sidelight position and turn off the igniton.

To my knowledge you can't only leave one of the sidelights on.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Don't they turn off as well after a bit to save energy?
      sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
      Third time around.
      Work in Progress

Comment

We've covered this before guys, at present the DS3 does not have the ability to put on a parking light as the ECO mode kicks and shuts everything down.

The DS3 does have what's called 'guide me home' lights which can be set to stay on for a set period of time. You can put these on by switching the engine off and flashing the beam lights before pulling the key out.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks Bigfeet, I did notice today when arriving at my office I could leave the side lights on (moving it from the 'auto' setting) and it bleeped and moaned at me, but I presume from the above the eco mode would have switched that off (like it does when I'm enjoying a quick six hour detail with the radio/CD on and it bl**dy switches if off! lol).....

Regards,
          Clive.
          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

we had this thread last winter and established you can leave the sidelights on , when parked, but the DS3 handbook does not tell you how to do it HOWEVER the C4 handbook does.

we also established it is a legal requirement to be able to park with the side lights left on and could not understand why Citroen made it so difficult and were so secretive about it.

suggest you search this 'sidelights or parking lights' thread, from last winter, and you should see the solution.

Ciao.

Comment

Working...
            X