Weird Grinding Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Grinding Noise

Does anyone else hear a grinding noise when they start up their engine? The sound stops when I move off.

I'm not sure whether to take it to the garage or not as knowing my luck it won't grind when they do it and they'll think silly woman ahaha!
    Blue/Black DS3 120 VTI DStyle + :eek::redface::eek: And loving it!

sigpic Just Chillin'

Got A Soundclip / Video ?

Comment

Ask your neighbours to move away from the car and find a better place to share their love?

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
        Got A Soundclip / Video ?
        Agree with Zack here, can you take a sound recording for us to hear?
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by DS3Finland View Post
          Ask your neighbours to move away from the car and find a better place to share their love?
          Ewwwwww if you knew my neighbour then you would be as horrified as me :/

I will try to get a sound clip in the morning. It only does it first thing. Maybe my DS3 just isn't a morning loving car!

sigpic Just Chillin'

Comment

take it down the garage, told ya ages ago it was making a weird noise
            sigpic

Comment

Is your DS3 one of the VTi versions? If so is the noise like a cat being strangled (a sort of 'eek' noise) and only when you first fire up the engine?

Have heard this before on a couple of different VTi engines, nothing to worry about according to our CT.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                is the noise like a cat being strangled?
                A greatly under-rated pastime.

Attached Files

Comment

Yeah sort of and it goes away when I move off. I will check under the bonnet to make sure no cats have got wedged in ahaha! But if its nothing to worry about then Im happy.

Still working on the sound clip though - it never does it when I want it too!

sigpic Just Chillin'

Comment

Ok so my DS3 isn't going to grind properly for me - little git but it did make a slight noise when I first cranked it over.

How do I attach the sound file as on the attachments menu it says they are invalid files Its an AMR file apparently.
                    Last edited by KazziKaz; 04-12-2011, 12:16.

sigpic Just Chillin'

Comment

Originally posted by KazziKaz View Post
                      How do I attach the sound file as on the attachments menu it says they are invalid files Its an AMR file apparently.
                      Upload it to a file sharing site like http://www.mediafire.com/ and then copy & paste the link here
                      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

http://www.mediafire.com/?u3q6hopvogomntk This was the first clip, slight grinding at the beginning.

http://www.mediafire.com/?juturoo6jd267j8 This was the second attempt - no grinding at all.

sigpic Just Chillin'

Comment

Blimey, sounds like one of these.............................

Stef
                          2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Kind of like the starter is slow to disengage after the engine starts.
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Sure you just didn't let one rip and trying to cover it up, lol!!

Comment

Working...
                              X