Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDi Clutch Conversion

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a kit available to convert the awful dual mass flywheel clutch assembly to a solid one?

I have seen references to Valeo kits for Peugeots, but I'm led to believe that those kits won't necessarily fit a DS3?

For info, engine is a 1.6HDi 90hp.

Thanks.

I wouldnt bother until its out of warranty, as the DMF is a warranted item not wear and tear

Fitting a solid flywheel will increase engine vibrations and the only gain i can see from fitting one is reduced post warranty costs on high mileage vehicles
    63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
    X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
    12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
    61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
    60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
    02 RenaultSport Clio 172
    04 RenaultSport Clio 182
    51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

The clutch and DMF has already been replaced under warranty, twice in fact, because after the dealer's first attempt, I couldn't drive the car due to so much clutch judder....this is after the Service Manager personally assured me he had driven the car and it was perfect!

The problem I have is that a clutch/DMF/gearbox issue still persists on my car, and has done for over 12 months. It shunts when I go on/off the accelerator, it thuds, knocks and shunts when I change gear, it knocks when I switch off the engine unless the car is in gear with clutch depressed, and finally, there is constant 'chatter' from the gearbox unless the clutch is depressed.

The dealer I purchased it from refuses to look at the car any more. Citroen UK have washed their hands of it. Another dealer told me that there was a problem in the gearbox and to stop driving the car. It was booked in with them for gearbox removal, however they then changed their minds and said they couldn't find a problem, and the only way they'd take the gearbox off is if I pay for it. It appears that they won't work on a car if it has been to another dealer already because they claim Citroen UK won't pay them for the warranty work.

Usual catalogue of horrific customer service, incompetence and lies from Citroen dealers rendering the warranty worthless, hence I'm investigating putting a better clutch in. The DMF is simply not needed on a normal passenger car.

Basically, I'm having to drive around in a car that I've been told to stop driving, and nobody from the Citroen network will take any responsibility. They now claim that the clutch replacements they have already done were authorised as a 'precaution'. Yeah right, of course they always authorise expensive clutch and flywheel replacements on the 'off chance' it will fix a problem!

According to Citroen and my selling dealer, anyone driving a C3 or DS3 HDi should have all the problems I listed above, because 'they all do it, it's a characteristic of the C3/DS3 platform mated with a front wheel drive HDi engine'.

Comment

Originally posted by ElRey View Post
        According to Citroen and my selling dealer, anyone driving a C3 or DS3 HDi should have all the problems I listed above, because 'they all do it, it's a characteristic of the C3/DS3 platform mated with a front wheel drive HDi engine'.
        Um...

Nope...

Comment

Exactly Zack. They just talk rubbish. I'm sick of being patronised and fobbed off by dealers, but unfortunately, they know they have the customer beaten all ends up.

Customer takes car with a warranty fault that isn't 'visible'. Dealer pretends they can't find a fault, or says it's a characteristic of the car. This then goes on and on and on until customer either gives up or the warranty expires.

It's weird how one dealer can't find any problem, and another tells me to stop driving the car, meanwhile the best Citroen UK can do is say speak to the dealer.

Comment

Write them a letter about the sales of goods act, if they don't fix the problem then the car is not of satifactory quality. Then reject the car.

Comment

Yeah, done all that already...Citizens Advice, Trading Standards, arguing with finance company etc etc etc. Nobody wants to know. Citroen UK refuse to reject the car because the dealer's 'expert' opinion is that nothing is wrong with the car.

It would be very interesting to see if I presented a car in the same condition, with an expired warranty just how quickly the dealer would have the gearbox off and happily charge me for the work.

Comment

Working...
              X