Another THP bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another THP bites the dust

Monday night on my way home from work pulled up at a set of lights then tried to pull away .......................yaaaa milk float mode car would only pull 3k smooth but totally gutless BUT no cel light present

So got home rang the dealers Sportiv of Chalfront and booked the car in for today .

Drove it all yesterday( well crept around) and then last night went round a corner all power plus more back :confused:

So got up early this morning Sportiv is about 30 miles from me and half way there bang no power again

Then power then no power FFS still no lights up

Car in Doc as we Type :mad:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Sounds very familiar! Hope they sort you out OK. Mine didn't pop the warning lights up straight away either - it sometimes took a few hours of driving around in milk-float mode (like it!) before the engine management light came on.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
      Sounds very familiar! Hope they sort you out OK. Mine didn't pop the warning lights up straight away either - it sometimes took a few hours of driving around in milk-float mode (like it!) before the engine management light came on.
      What fixed yours in the end ??

Comment

Mine was a new engine xD

Unlucky MonkeyNuts.

Get the techs to run a compression test and check the engine for any leaking oil.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
          Mine was a new engine xD

Unlucky MonkeyNuts.

Get the techs to run a compression test and check the engine for any leaking oil.
          cannot understand how a motor can just switch on and off during a trip from silly good to will not pull up a hill

This whole thing really worries me because i love the car to bits but to be intermittant scare me .the wife and I were driving round Belgium 2 weeks ago sometimes in the dark down small county lanes just think if had gone tits up over there

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
            What fixed yours in the end ??
            New VVT unit. First time round they changed the camchain & tensioner, but that didn't fix it. Then they changed the turbo cooling pump, and that didn't fix it either.

Have now done nearly 1k miles since the last repair, and it's running OK (so far...)

Comment

Well just had a phone call and guess what a new timing chain assembly .....................on a car done 17ish k ....................................not good

And as for plastering your car with dont buy will get you a quick law suit

Comment

had a couple of calls today already and have been advised to list faults with the car on it as opposed to "dont buy DS3". I was then linked to a landrover that was faulty and the driver did something similar. It's going to have to be small lettering to fit my list on it
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DS379 View Post
                  had a couple of calls today already and have been advised to list faults with the car on it as opposed to "dont buy DS3". I was then linked to a landrover that was faulty and the driver did something similar. It's going to have to be small lettering to fit my list on it
                  Sometimes the full balls out approach is not the way to go and what ever you do IF you keep the car will take time .............just as you already are keep all the records and time and then when your motor is deemed fixed hit them with the lack of car during paying for it and loads of goodwill as they say .

At the moment its early days for me if it comes back working fine Sportiv have been very good with dealing with the matter loan car straight away and regular phone updates Perries of MK couldnt even get the car in till the 22 with no loan car
                  Last edited by monkeynuts; 14-12-2011, 17:52.

Comment

That's the thing, Sportif have been amazing, I've not been without a courtesy car at all whilst my car has been with them. The service team are the friendliest bunch you could hope to do business with and the amount of goodwill Chalfont have shown me over the past 7 months has been fantastic.

I quite simply resent paying for a car that keeps breaking down and is actually becoming dangerous to drive.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
                      guess what a new timing chain assembly .....................on a car done 17ish k ....................................not good
                      Apparently the problem is with the hydraulic tensioner rather than the timing chain itself - the tensioner loses tension (duh) and puts the timing out, which then causes the engine management system to put the car into limp home mode to avoid doing it any damage (or summat like that).

In the case of mine, it clearly didn't prevent further damage, hence the further visit to the menders, and the new VVT unit and exhaust cam pulley.

Comment

Guys, out of interest, what was the registered dates of your cars? I thought this issue was on pre-2010 engines?

As Monkeynuts says, I took the calm and collected mode, the longer it went on the firmer my pressure until such time as they kept saying new engine and I then stood my ground for a new replacement car.

Stef
                        2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Mine's 59 and have been told today that it's fixed again. how exciting ., . .. . ., ,. ,., ., ., ., .
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DS379 View Post
                            Mine's 59 and have been told today that it's fixed again. how exciting ., . .. . ., ,. ,., ., ., ., .
                            Mines a 10 if that helps and still wizzing around in the oil burner

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                              Guys, out of interest, what was the registered dates of your cars? I thought this issue was on pre-2010 engines?

As Monkeynuts says, I took the calm and collected mode, the longer it went on the firmer my pressure until such time as they kept saying new engine and I then stood my ground for a new replacement car.

Stef
                              10 plate over here..
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X