Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with my ds3

Hi
    My car has a small oil leak i changed my spark plugs less than 6 months ago as engine light came on got it checked and changed and all of a sudden same has happened but car wont drive now. Took it to Citroen and to start with want to change plugs at 115 pounds which I won't be paying but apparently has alot of faults on the car. But the plugs are in bad condition which shouldn't be for being newish. When I took it to a garage before Citroen as it died on me after i was advised to go to a auto electric as the mechanic hasnt seen the fault code before which it brought up something to do with something positive forgot what he mentioned the cars 5 years old only had less than 2 years myself and done 46 000 miles

What are you trying to say here?
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Any ideas whats up. happened to anyone else etc

Comment

Hi and welcome to the club and forum. It's a bit tricky from your original post to advise you and more info is needed to enable someone on the forum to possibly provide some answers. So:

1) What model of DS3 do you have?
        2) Petrol or diesel?
        3) Where is the oil leak? Engine bay, on the floor underneath etc.
        4) Do you have any ideas what the fault code was? As this will help massively.
        5) Have the Citroën garage given you a list of all the faults they found?

Let's see how we get on from there.
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

It's a ds3 dstyle plus 1.6 vtec petrol leak not to sure had engine steamed checked where leaks coming from but without a good dig around they are not sure. As for the code i dont know mentioned positive or something but could be anything. But believed to be a electric fault.. And Citroen havent gave me the list as i haven't been back but wouldnt tell me over the phone just kept insisting to change the spark plugs but not paying their prices

Comment

VTEC? Braaaaaaaaap!
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

But has it kicked in yo?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
              DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Kingy1706
                It's a ds3 dstyle plus 1.6 vtec petrol leak not to sure had engine steamed checked where leaks coming from but without a good dig around they are not sure. As for the code i dont know mentioned positive or something but could be anything. But believed to be a electric fault.. And Citroen havent gave me the list as i haven't been back but wouldnt tell me over the phone just kept insisting to change the spark plugs but not paying their prices
                Is it an oil or petrol leak? Mine dropped oil for a bit then kinda stopped, I know the vti is infamous for eating oil

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
                DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

What are the symptoms of the car "not driving"? Won't start? Rough idle? Limp mode?

If you can get back in contact with the original garage you went to and get them to look on record for the fault code it might shed more light on the root cause.
                  ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
                  X