leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leak?

hello please be gentle with me this is my first post and the forum looks very informative my wifes car seems to have a leak in the passenger footwell and idea where this may be coming from thanks in advance of any help

Is the drain hole blocked with leaves or other gunk? It's under the plastic mesh at the base of the windscreen, more easily seen with bonnet up.

Also welcome
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

hi thanks no seems fine I have just discovered the passenger side wing mirror is loose not sure if this would be the cause also are the door cards easy to remove cant find a how to guide for it thanks

Comment

Remove the 5 screws and pull it off. You'll prob break some clips but they are like 50pence each...

Comment

ok thanks wasn't sure if there are hidden screws as long as I know its only 5 thanks again give it a bash tomorrow

Comment

Check the screenwash grommet is firmly in place and hasn't perished, should be above the pedals under the dash.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
            DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by smig64
              hi thanks no seems fine I have just discovered the passenger side wing mirror is loose not sure if this would be the cause also are the door cards easy to remove cant find a how to guide for it thanks
              The door card is easy to remove but you’ll need a long socket to tighten the mirror as the thread for the nut is long. Not sure how specifics but youÂ’ll see what I mean when you see it. Good news is you should be able to get the socket you need from Halfords (I did when I did mine).
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Get one of those long tube spanners. Don't know how you would call them in english. Thats how i did mine. And because there is no loctite or anything on it the nut losens. I put a locking nut onto it to make sure i don't have to retighten every few years.

Comment

Originally posted by V3nn3tj3
                  Get one of those long tube spanners. Don't know how you would call them in english. Thats how i did mine. And because there is no loctite or anything on it the nut losens. I put a locking nut onto it to make sure i don't have to retighten every few years.
                  Breaker bar?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
                  DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

No idea. I think they are called tubespanner. Or at least google says so.

Comment

thanks for the replies bought a 13mm socket sorted it out just need to wait and see if that sorts the leak out thanks guys great forum

Comment

Working...
                      X