Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RD45 USB/Bluetooth, illumination wire

Ds3 dsport / hi fi / rd45 / Bluetooth / usb / stereo
    am I right in saying there no illumination wire behind the stereo?
    or am I over looking it,
    I've installed a aftermarket stereo, at night I cannot see the buttons they are not lit..
    If I were to connect the illumination wire somewhere else would i connect too the negative or the positive?
    thanks

I’ve not swapped a stereo for a while but I’m sure yours should have the option to turn on the button lighting all the time, to save faffing trying to find the right wire. What model is the new stereo?
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

There is no such wire. If you need it, you will need a connects2.

Comment

Connect2 is attached, also think I've found the built in mic in the roof... but wanna concentrate on the illumination wire first, does it connect to ground or the positive??? Can't get a straight answer anywhere
        Attached Files

Comment

Connect2 is attached, also think I've found the wiring for the built in mic in the roof... but wanna concentrate on the illumination wire first, does it connect to ground or the positive??? Can't get a straight answer from anywhere.

Comment

This is my assumption so it's not necessarily correct but it's what I would do.
            I guess the backlight is powered by the power to the head unit and the illumination wire is just a signal wire.
            Try splicing it into the ignition signal wire (blue on the factory loom and usually blue on iso connectors I think???), in the same way you would do for an aftermarket subwoofer.
            No promises but that might just work.

**No responsibility taken**

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
            DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Bet the radio's manufacture knows. Why not ask them?
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

my bad it was on the connect2 all along, should of listened too V3nn3tj3 ,
                one more thing.. which is best, connecting my automatic antenna control... up too the stereos automatic antenna controller
                or the amplifier control, cheers all means alot

Comment

Working...
                X