X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty Electronics?

Need some advice here.
    Own a 1.6 vti DS3 2012
    I've been getting alot of on and off issues with my car that i suspect has something to do with unstable electrical power .
    Issues faced:
    1. Power window stops working. Have checked and its not the switch panel. What i do is to unplug and plug back the power from the window motor and it works for a good few months before it fails and i have to repeat the action again for it to work.

2. Power steering light comes on and power steering shuts down. Switching off and on the car again gets it working. Comes on intermittently (weeks)
    Diagnosis points to the electric motor problem.

3. Speakers have static and cracking sound intermittently.

4. I get blown rearlights , pole lights frequently..

Nothing has really broken down for good..they just come and go intermittently...so it leads me to wonder if there is a bigger electronic fault the ds3 has thats causing it.

Wonder if anybody has experiences to shed some light and share
    This is boggling..

Thank you

Possibly body control unit failing? Mine went very recently (61 plate), and had caused the reverse sensors, reverse light, and A/C to all fail. When you say blown lights, have you actually checked the bulbs for blown filaments?

Or possibly battery but that seems less likely as individual things are going. I think you're best off getting a diagnostics check done at the garage.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Does anyone know why my indicators don't flash when I press the remote to lock, the mirrors fold in and the second press you can hear the dead locks, third press indicators flash for 10 seconds hence finding the car in a carpark. The indicators will flash when you unlock the car. I thought it was the bonnet not being closed at first because I noticed it not working not long after I put some screen wash in. But, with saying that the alarm was triggered when we had storm Brian a few weeks ago. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Working...
      X