Problem with clutch??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with clutch??

Hi all wondering if anyone can give any advice?
    i have a 2010 plate 1.6 diesel got in my car and the clutch pedal was extremely low turned car on went to put it in gear and the pedal wouldn't come back up, tried to drive it, it went into gear but pedal wouldn't come back up I had to physically lift it back up with my hand so I've now left it at my work place rang up many garages and they've said it's probably the slave cylinder , any second opinions ??

Sounds about right, could always be something less serious like the pedal is sticking down (caught on carpet, spring etc).
    How many miles have you got on the clock?
    Did it have many when you bought it, previous owners etc? Driving style is also worth considering, if you drive like me then you might get less miles out of it
    DStort
    DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

+1 on slave cylinder.
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonhead View Post
        Sounds about right, could always be something less serious like the pedal is sticking down (caught on carpet, spring etc).
        How many miles have you got on the clock?
        Did it have many when you bought it, previous owners etc? Driving style is also worth considering, if you drive like me then you might get less miles out of it
        70,000 miles was 67 when I bought it got it in February this year

Comment

Is it much to repair ? Been quoted £120 cheapest one so far

Comment

Originally posted by Aimeem3094
            Is it much to repair ? Been quoted �120 cheapest one so far
            That sounds about right, looks like you can pick up the part for 40 quid +1-2 hours labour +vat brings you to about 120.
            I assume that's not with Citroen, I'd say if you want some perspective, ask them for a quote haha

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
            DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Moonhead View Post
              That sounds about right, looks like you can pick up the part for 40 quid +1-2 hours labour +vat brings you to about 120.
              I assume that's not with Citroen, I'd say if you want some perspective, ask them for a quote haha

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk
              great thanks for the help

Comment

Hi guys wanna give you a update had it all repaired problem was the master cylinder, mechanic said it was knackered but slave cylinder was fine. Car running all good now

Comment

Great news! Glad it's sorted and running smoothly again.
                  DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                  X