Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 HDI Cruise Control issue

Hi all,

I'm new here. Bought a used 1.6 HDI, 2010 model. Everything works fine, except cruise control. After moving the selector switch to CC position, I just see two dashes and pressing on speed + or - buttons do nothing. This is of course when I'm doing over 40MPH above 4th gear, as advised. The speed limiter works fine. So my guess is that the speed sensor isn't faulty. My local service centre diagnosed and said that it's possibly due to a faulty clucth switch, but they weren't sure and would have to replace the switch first and then recheck. they quoted about 160£ for the total switch replacement. My question is, that apart from the CC not engaging, are there any other symptoms to verify a fault in clutch switch? Can there be a any other reason for CC not working given that speed sensor and pretty much everything else in the car is perfectly ok?

Thanks for any advice/insight into the problem guys. Going through other questions in the forum I already feel wiser.

Cheers!

Anish

Welcome along, can't personally help you but hope someone else can!

Just as a side note, CC works from 23mph in 4th - I always set it at 29 to go past the 30 zone speed cameras. And to check you're engaging it properly, you just need to press the + button once when driving at the required speed to activate - just making sure you're not pressing the end button to "activate" like you do with the limiter, as this would pause CC. Seems obvious I know, and a stupid question, but it helps to rule out the obvious first!
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Hi BenS,

Thanks for the heads up. 23-25mph it is . I guess I registered 40kmph from the manual without the conversion. I stand corrected. I am indeed trying to engage it as you mentioned. But yes, I agree, it helps rule out the obvious and often it can be the cause. Thanks for the reply though. Hope someone's able to shed some light on this issue.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X