Terraclean vs walnut blasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraclean vs walnut blasting

Looking at getting this as my DS has 31k on the clock, you guys have all recommended SP Tuning but it’s about a 2 hour drive whereas a terraclean it’s about a 5 minute drive.

Just wondering what the differences are and if it’s worth the I assume price difference and drive difference.

Thanks in advance

Simple answer here. Terraclean does nothing! Zilch! Nada! You don't say what engine you have, but unless it's a diesel, don't bother with Terraclean. If you have a THP or Racing, then you have to go to for a walnut blast at SP Tuning. Yes it's a bit of trek, but if you want it done right and you want it done by someone who knows the DS3 inside out and not just a generic "engine cleaning" company, then a visit to Jamie is a must. Terraclean is cheaper and obviously closer, but if I were you, spending the time and extra cash on a proven clean that will work and last, there's only one answer. A walnut blast is the ONLY way to clear the carbon build up!

I had a Terraclean on my e-HDi and it felt slightly more responsive, but looking back, it may well have been a placebo affect. It has been proven time and again by forum members (and there are pictures to prove it) that the walnut blast is by far and away the best option on the THP's and Racing.
    Last edited by Funky; 19-11-2017, 20:43.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forum/ds3/d...n-valve-images

If this doesn't convince you to go for the walnut blast, nothing will
      Last edited by trotters; 19-11-2017, 20:48.

Comment

Originally posted by trotters View Post
        http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forum/ds3/d...n-valve-images

If this doesn't convince you to go for the walnut blast, nothing will
        ^^Exactly this! ^^
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Funky
          Simple answer here. Terraclean does nothing! Zilch! Nada! You don't say what engine you have, but unless it's a diesel, don't bother with Terraclean. If you have a THP or Racing, then you have to go to for a walnut blast at SP Tuning. Yes it's a bit of trek, but if you want it done right and you want it done by someone who knows the DS3 inside out and not just a generic "engine cleaning" company, then a visit to Jamie is a must. Terraclean is cheaper and obviously closer, but if I were you, spending the time and extra cash on a proven clean that will work and last, there's only one answer. A walnut blast is the ONLY way to clear the carbon build up!

I had a Terraclean on my e-HDi and it felt slightly more responsive, but looking back, it may well have been a placebo affect. It has been proven time and again by forum members (and there are pictures to prove it) that the walnut blast is by far and away the best option on the THP's and Racing.
          Yeah it’s a 155 THP but all the comments have made it sound definitely worth going for. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by John9871234

Yeah it’s a 155 THP but all the comments have made it sound definitely worth going for. thanks
            Get a remap while you’re there. Definitely worth the trip. It was about 1hr 40 each way for me, Jamie is highly recommended.
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Terraclean for the thp engine to clean the inlet valves is has abouts as much use as pouring a can of juice down the intake!!

Walnut blast wins every day of the week.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

I asked my local Terraclean agent for before and after photos of how well their cleans work - he said they don't do them (unlike Jamie at SP Tuning) and wouldn't offer them, he then got arsey claiming I was trying to ruin his business.
                sigpic

Comment

Good to know how confident he is in the product

Comment

Originally posted by trotters View Post
                    Good to know how confident he is in the product
                    I came to say the exact same thing!

///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972
                      I asked my local Terraclean agent for before and after photos of how well their cleans work - he said they don't do them (unlike Jamie at SP Tuning) and wouldn't offer them, he then got arsey claiming I was trying to ruin his business.
                      That says if all doesn't It!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X