EAT6 Gearbox sharp downchanges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAT6 Gearbox sharp downchanges

Has anyone with the EAT6 automatic gearbox experienced sharp downchanges, It happens mainly when changing down to 3rd but does it a little when changing down into 5th sometimes.
    It's more noticeable when decelerating quickly from a fast speed. Never did it when I first had the car. The car is nearly 2 years old and has done a little over 10,000 miles.

I'm not sure what you mean by sharp downchanges but I have noticed on my brand new THP165 that when changing down to 3rd from 4th there is an unusual resistance, it's like the clutch is not releasing properly. I've only done about 1000 km and the dealer said will check again at 2 000 km if it doesn't resolve itself by then. Also, I have noticed that the downchange is smooth when the engine (or clutch/gearbox) is cold. After warming up the issue appears.

Comment

Hi,
      It's an automatic gearbox with a torque converter so no clutch as opposed to the manual which I imagine you have on THP165.

Comment

Low or dirty oil in transmission? But as 2 years old and in waranty take it to a dealer and have them look at, it only sensible thing to do.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I've personally come to the conclusion that PSA can't make gearboxes. There shockingly shit. Had issues with each box on all 3 cars i've had and the several Citroen courtesy cars have also being equally crap.

Issues Experienced:-

General clunkyness
          Knocking itself out of gear (infrequent tbf)
          Not being able to seat in to the gears properly - as if the clutch is gone (but isn't)
          Grinding in certain gears when general shifting

Had my clutch checked, box and collar checked on all 3 cars and most issues were down to oxidising either at the collar or at the box itself. I kept blaming the clutch as i found with each car it really stiffens the more you use it but it wasn't. Only solutions so far have been regreasing, de-oxidising, oiling e.c.t.

Not sure if this helps at all.
          Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
          E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by streettweeks View Post
            General clunkyness
            Knocking itself out of gear (infrequent tbf)
            Not being able to seat in to the gears properly - as if the clutch is gone (but isn't)
            Grinding in certain gears when general shifting
            Have experienced all but number 2 with just one DS3

///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
              Low or dirty oil in transmission? But as 2 years old and in waranty take it to a dealer and have them look at, it only sensible thing to do.
              Yeah, I will do that, but I wondered if anyone had had anything similar so we can cut to the chase when I take it in, otherwise probably have to start at the beginning with something like a software refresh.

Comment

Working...
              X