Timing belt change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt change?

I have DS3 1.6 HDi which has currently done 123K on the clock. I basically drive this up and down the M6 every day so it is mainly motorway miles. However I believe the timing belt was due at 120K miles.

I've had an offer from a mobile mechanic of £290 including changing the parts around it/water tank too. I'm a little skint at the moment but I know if I leave it I face a higher bill.

Can I risk waiting until after Xmas as it is mainly motorway miles or is it essential it is done either way?

The timing belt went on my other car (a Clio Estate) about a year ago. I was literally able to pull bits of rubber out of the enclosure. What should have been a £400 job to replace the belt and water pump turned into an £860 to have the engine taken apart and checked for damage to the heads. I hadn't checked what Renault's recommendation was for getting it changed.

From that experience alone, I would say follow Citroen's recommendation and get it done. £290 is better than £1000+ for an Engine rebuild!

Comment

Booked it in for Wednesday, better safe than sorry. My bank balance can be sorted later!

Comment

Working...
      X