2013 VTi coolant temperature sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 VTi coolant temperature sensor

My partner's car has developed the well-known sensor failure that is detailed in a few threads here.

It's now been back to Citroen for a sensor change funded by Citroen. Unfortunately within 10 miles it all went pear-shaped again and now the dealer is telling me that it requires a new thermostat housing and a different piece of wiring harness which Citroen wont pay for, leaving her with a bill of 380 odd quid!

Given the car has only covered 31000 miles I'm not impressed that parts that you would expect to last the life of the car have failed, and to my mind if a new thermostat housing requires a wiring change then surely the part must have been redesigned to eliminate the fault that has plagued several Citroen and Peugeot models?

Has anyone had success in getting Citroen to pay up?

Is the new housing a guaranteed fix for the problem? Does it contain a new thermostat?

Does anyone know the part nos. for the housing and harness?

Is it a straightforward DIY job to change the parts, or will it need a re-boot or software update?

Thanks
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

The new wiring and housing should have been part of the fix....
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Also yes, the new housing and wiring loom do fix the issue, as it's the updated part used on later models to eliminate the fault. I have had mine replaced to that, but by a private garage at half the labour cost.
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

My thermostat needed replacing too. I'm not sure about my 'housing' for it. Citroen should replace it, I'm surprised they don't. You could enquire at another garage as they will be cheaper. Citroen do tend to overdo it. Hope you get it sorted soon

Han
        Hx

www.twitter.com/DJDiamondBeatz

Comment

Working...
        X