Thermostat housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat housing

Finally had my bluetooth/usb adaptor switched on at my local citroen dealer(had to give them instructions off a citroen forum haha), while carrying out the work he has told me that my thermostat housing may be faulty, I have noticed the car runs with the temp needle on the first notch only unless sat in traffic where it goes to half, he told me there was a recall, unfortunately mines not on the list, is this an easy job for a fairly confident person? I've seen the part online for various prices or is better done by citroen?

It's about a £400+ job at Citroen, as you need a new housing, thermostat, and a wiring loom spliced in. You'll half the labour costs by going independent (~£300 instead of £400).
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

my partner's car has the same issue. It did have the recall but so far as I can tell all that was changed was the coolant temperature sensor. The dealer now says it needs a new thermostat housing with wiring loom at £173 plus labour, which takes it up to the £380 mark.

I haven't managed to find out yet if there's a cheaper aftermarket alternative, or why these parts weren't fitted as the recall work. I understand that the fault occurs across the Citroen and Peugeot ranges which use the same engine.
      My partner's car has developed the well-known sensor failure that is detailed in a few threads here. It's now been back to Citroen for a sensor change funded
      Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

OOPs what happened there? Where's the edit button gone?
        Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Wow, expensive job then, I’ve looked online and it seems a bit of a pig to get at otherwise I’d have a go myself

Comment

Working...
          X