Slow warm up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow warm up

I've got the normally aspirated 1.6 petrol model and it's been a bit slow to warm up ever since I've had it, which hasn't been much of a problem, but on very cold days the heater is too ineffective on my typical short journeys. I haven't found any similar reports on Google, but when I changed "DS3" to "Mini" (because they use the same engines AFAIK) it seemed like quite a common problem. Is it reasonably cheap to fix, or is the thermostat buried deep somewhere?

The only symptom of the problem we currently have is that the heater hardly works any more
    My partner's car has developed the well-known sensor failure that is detailed in a few threads here. It's now been back to Citroen for a sensor change funded
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Mine is the same, during a software update the technician told me that my thermostat housing will most probably require replacing at what I’m told will cost about £400 at citroen or about £300 at an independent garage, not sure if just the thermostat can be changed but my main concern is will this affect the running as mine has a slightly “lumpy” tickover

Comment

Working...
      X