Help! Windscreen wipers not working/ work now and again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Windscreen wipers not working/ work now and again

Can someone please advise me what could be wrong with my wipers?

For the past week, my windscreen wipers have been playing up! They will start working then judder and stop in the middle of my windscreen. Other times they will not come on at all. I have replaced the fuse already and don't think it could be the switch as the back wiper is working fine?

Thanks,
    Taylor

Could be the motor on it's way out, especially as the rear works fine.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Pretty sure the wipers are on the same fuse as a few other things so you'd probably notice if it was the fuse.

I'd suggest either an issue with the motor (burnt out or bad ground) or the bsi.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
      DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by TayGriffinx
        Can someone please advise me what could be wrong with my wipers?

For the past week, my windscreen wipers have been playing up! They will start working then judder and stop in the middle of my windscreen. Other times they will not come on at all. I have replaced the fuse already and don't think it could be the switch as the back wiper is working fine?

Thanks,
        Taylor
        Could be the nut on the spindle, holding the arm mechanism in place, isnt tight enough so the motor runs but doesn't drive the wiper arms. If they stop again, try leaving the stalk in the on position and listening for the motor. Should just about hear it.

If it's is just that, then it's a relatively easy fix. Did it my self recently.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X