Front suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front suspension

not having much luck with my ds3, this morning the front end collapsed, I’m think front spring snapped, smoking like mad so the tyre has suffered too, garage coming to it this morning, hopefully that’s all that’s happened, luckily, unusual for me, I wasn’t going too fast(30mph), and pulled in straight away, not Happy, it’s front nearside which after googling seems quite common

Yeah the DS3 has springs made of chocolate

Hope it's not caused too much secondary damage
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

It will have, only luck I have is bad haha

Comment

Update, it’s just the spring, because I caught it quick nothing else is damaged, he said it’s a few nights of -8 temperatures will have caused it, he’s got three cars in with broken springs

Comment

Mine was initiated by corrosion where the spring coating had been damaged by the plastic sleeve fitted to the bottom coil. It broke at 50 mph and took out the tyre. Something to do with road salt and hydrogen embrittlement according to my Googling.

It was lucky that I was travelling on a straight road with no other traffic at the time.

My extended warranty paid for that spring, and after a long battle, Citroen Customer Services paid for the other to be replaced as a precaution.
          Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Fellow Vespa rider too, mine fixed at £194 which included the recovery so not too bad, glad I was only going quite slow when mine went

Comment

Working...
            X