Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car unlocking itself?

Hi,

I am new to this forum and relatively new to owning a DS3 (so please let me know if I'm doing this wrong!)

Last week, I left work and noticed that my car was unlocked. I am always really careful about locking it (especially because of the wing mirrors, its really obvious to tell when its not.). Put it down to me being thick. Anyway, this has happened at least 4 times now. This morning, it was open again!

It's locking fine (I think), lights flash and then I always check the handle. It does seem to flash for a long time, but it may just seem that way because I was watching it!

Any ideas? Could it be the key (new battery or something?). Hoping its something simple - the car has had a few problems since I've had it so could do without more huge expense!

Thanks in advance,

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I have heard of this happening to other people before, I can't quite remember the fix but I didn't think it was an expensive one. Now just to wait for someone who knows the solution!
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Found this but it doesn't solve the mystery - WTF's suggestion is worth a go though.

Are you you absolutely sure there is nothing blocking the door or boot catches?

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forum/ds3/d...elf-over-night
      sigpic

Comment

Hi my key fob battery died I replaced it and worked fine for 24hrs then the battery had died again has this happened to anyone else or do they know what could be wrong?
        Last edited by Kirstie-lou; 17-01-2018, 09:31.

Comment

Working...
        X