Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Brake Discs and Pads

Hi all

I have just picked up some new rear discs and pads for the wife's car and noticed from a few posts that I need to remove the hub nut to get the disc off. I have changed a few discs on previous cars but have never had to remove the hub nut before, however from reading the few posts and Bigfoots files, it appears that I will have to for her DS3.

Having checked the trusty socket set it would appear that I don't have a large enough socket to remove the hub nut so it must be over 34mm. Does anybody have the actual size so I can pop out and get one before the weekend?

Cheers

Dean

Have you checked the box? A new nut was supplied with the new discs that I fitted.
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

I have just found that out after carrying them in from the car. Look like 36mm with a crude measurement from the tape measure. £10 in Halfords for a 36mm socket.

Comment

If they're the same as the front ones it's 36. Beware a 36 is not the 'standard' 1/4 but bigger. So you'll need a adaptor and a torque wrench to get it off...

Comment

I have a 1/2 inch socket set and have found a 36mm socket in halfords for £10. Hopefully it does the job.

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-too...-36mm-1-2drive

Comment

Yep 36. Just be careful when putting on the new discs. Grease the inside up and make sure they go on dead straight else you will nacker the hud up. Trust me I know lol.

Comment

Discs and pads have a read break to put on this having an activity topic to make on this it has some technical formation to read. Having access over the arts that was at the top 10 essay writing services this was the company that has some worth among the international community to make on it.

Comment

I like the way you've shared information about this subject here. The writing is top-notch, and I am sure you'll continue to share articles in a similar manner. If you continue on this path, you'll become the top writer of all time. photographer

Comment

I like the way you've shared information about this subject here. The writing is top-notch, and I am sure you'll continue to share articles in a similar manner. If you continue on this path, you'll become the top writer of all time. photographer

Comment

I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such a post and please keep it up.
                    metal roofing bayshore gardens fl

Comment

You want and you deserve to be happy! Happiness is being able to enjoy life, your relationship with others, your work and personal projects, and to be able to pursue your dreams and passions.

psychologist miami

Comment

Please go away - or - perhaps I can sumarise - GET LOST!

Comment

A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post.A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.
                          https://www.retainingwallsindallastx.com

Comment

I have read many blogs in the net but have never come across such a well written blog. Good work keep it up

retaining walls dallas tx

Comment

I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such a post and please keep it up.
                              click here

Comment

Working...
                              X