Roof paint/lacquer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof paint/lacquer

HI all just a quick question, I have a 2014 DS3 in yellow with a black roof that I bought from a Citroen Dealer in November and so it has a 12 month Citroen Select Guarantee.

I have just noticed that at the front edge of the roof what appears to be a clear lacquer has started to peel off, so far it is a crescent about six inches wide and one and a half at its widest. I have been back to where I bought the car and they have confirmed that as the original owner got the car from them on PPC and they have carried out all the servicing and checks that the three year paint warranty will have an extra year taking it to four, I have to drop the car back to them in a few weeks as they are getting a new spare key that will need to be programmed and so they have said if I leave the car with them they will get a report on the paint work off to Citroen and see what they say.

So my questions are has anyone else had a problem like this, it is definitely not the black paint coming off and showing the base colour which I have found posts about, it is a totally clear layer. They checked for any signs of damaged (such as stone chips) but could not see anything. If they come back and say it is not covered I will be taking to forward as I had only had the car for five weeks before it appeared but if worse comes worse I wondered if anyone had any ideas on the cost of having the roof re-sprayed.

Thanks in advance

Tony G

I thought the roof was wrapped with vinyl...
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
      I thought the roof was wrapped with vinyl...
      This is the type of thing that is confusing me, I am leaving the house and getting back in the dark at this time of year but I will try and get some picture of it on Sunday and post them.

Comment

Roofs are not vinyl wrapped from the factory. My previous DS3 was yellow/black and it had paint issues on the roof but not like that. Mine had the milky surface, I suspect either bad lacquer or some carwash ruined it. I almost had it professionally polished but then I got a completely new DS3.

Comment

Originally posted by pmatil View Post
          Roofs are not vinyl wrapped from the factory. My previous DS3 was yellow/black and it had paint issues on the roof but not like that. Mine had the milky surface, I suspect either bad lacquer or some carwash ruined it. I almost had it professionally polished but then I got a completely new DS3.
          Hi, how old was your car at the time, did you speak to Citroen about it?

Thanks

Comment

I've been told that they were painted, wrapped, painted, wrapped..... I don't even know any more.

My spoiler does have a square corner of white visible just behind the front edge, so it looks like it has been wrapped. The color, texture, and finish look exactly the same as the roof though, which is to say looks like paint.
            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BAG View Post

Hi, how old was your car at the time, did you speak to Citroen about it?

Thanks
              Mine was a 2010 model, it was well over 3 years old which was the paint warranty for it at the time. Did not speak about it to Citroen. Funnily enough the rest of the (yellow) car was fine.

Comment

Just a quick update, Dropped my car back to Citroen Ashford on Wednesday and was lent a 67' plate C3 (so many toys on the flair), they said the key was in so that would be programmed and then they would get it to their body shop for a report to be done and sent to Citroen for their comments. Had a call back today to say that all is being sorted under guarantee and it will be ready on Wednesday (1week). Take note guys the paintwork has a three year manufactures warranty, but they still sorted my July 2014 car three and a half years later. Not sure if it is because of the Citroen Select used car warranty or if it was because it should not have started flaking after less than four years.

Comment

Late post on this topic, picked up the DS3 on Wednesday and all sorted, not sure if they touched up the roof or resprayed/lacquered the whole thing but either way it looks perfect (have to wait for a sunny day to see properly). On the way down to pick it up I was thinking to my self that the C3 (Blue Hdi 100 flair) was actually not a bad car to drive and maybe I was kidding my self that the DS3 was nicer. Well then I got back in the yellow black rocket ship and all my doubts went, yes you can feel the bumps a bit more, the vision is not as good and key-less entry/starting is nice but.......The C3 does not engage you in the same way or feel like it have lots more to give than you need to use (legally), got back home after fifty miles and while not as relaxed as with the C3, I did have a smile on my face, oh and you only look back at the C3 to check it is locked.

Comment

Hi. Just registered to this forum tonight as I'm picking up our 2011 ds3 dsport tomorrow.
                    Just wondering if the faded roof thing was ever fixed by anyone. Ive read a few threads and not had a conclusion yet.
                    The ds3 is white with black (I think) roof. I'm not sure if the roof is black, or if its supposed to be a greyish/milky sorta colour, but I edge my bets on it being black in 2011.
                    Tia for any help.

Comment

Working...
                    X