Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP/ASR faulty

Hi All,
    I have been getting this message and my ABS warning light coming on.
    A message on the dash saying ESP/ASR System faulty. Seems to come on when the car is cold and just started up, and goes out when the engine is turned off
    I have a 1.6 THP 63 plate.
    Had lots of probs with it. Only had it 6 months and already the timing chain had had to be replaced and last month it was back in the garage getting the HPFP replaced.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, you have to change sensor on brake pedal. In my DS3 problem solved after that, and it was very cheap thing

Comment

Could well be what Dan said, but, I seem to recall being told by Citroen dealer that the error code you have covers more than one thing, well it did on the eHDi model I had anyway. Might be worth getting the error codes read if you know anyone to see if they pinpoint what's causing it.
      sigpic

Comment

Pump could be broken. They we're made of chocolate like the hpfp on the thp's on the c2's and i believe they use the same ones on some ds3's...

Comment

Does the handbrake feel floppy and loose?
          If it does then I'd be 99% certain you have a calliper stuck on.
          Give it a couple of hours and then blast it before slamming the breaks on, should free it.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
          DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Thanks.
            Didnt notice any change in the car at all apart from the error message.
            It has not come back on at all. Only when it’s frozen outside and the temp falls to minus.

Comment

Originally posted by Lara91
              Thanks.
              It has not come back on at all. Only when it�s frozen outside and the temp falls to minus.
              Maybe a frozen line or something.
              Get the code checked out, if you have a obd2 adapter you can do it yourself otherwise get your local garage to check for you.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
              DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Lara91 View Post
                Thanks.
                It has not come back on at all. Only when it’s frozen outside and the temp falls to minus.
                My have the same problem when temperatures goes down,so you should check first brake sensor

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

Working...
                  X