DS3 THP clutch whine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 THP clutch whine

So since last year when I bought the car, it has always made the occasional whine through the bite point. It is not always there and comes then goes for weeks at a time. It sounds like metal griding when I pull off.

has anybody else had this problem?

it's a 1.6 THP Dsport Red from 63.

thanks
    Last edited by Pikajew; 15-01-2018, 13:23.

Sounds like it's slipping a bit. Mine does not like it when it's cold and slips more easily. Pulling away at v low revs helps until warmed up, then go for it.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
      Sounds like it's slipping a bit. Mine does not like it when it's cold and slips more easily. Pulling away at v low revs helps until warmed up, then go for it.
      Is it an issue you would need to get fixed? Citroen want £150 just to look despite being in warranty.

Comment

Eventually yes, but if it's not slipping while driving then you can get away with it for now. Try driving on a quiet road at low speed in the highest gear then floor the accelerator - if you see the revs climb quicker than they should for the given speed, it's slipping and will eventually wear out to the point of not driving.

I'd try a different Citroen garage and an independent, see if you can either get it checked for free or cheaper. The clutch is a dog to get to in the DS3 which is probably why they are reluctant to do it.
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Looks like I will have to, it's not appearing to slip but I am still annoyed about how they want all that cash just to look.

Comment

Could be the thrust bearing? Mine does the same and I know others have had the same issue.

Comment

I think the clutch should be under warranty up to a certain mileage... Not sure though.

Comment

Working...
              X