Oil Pressure Problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pressure Problems.

I have a 2 year old DS3  and seem to be having problems with the dash message saying low oil pressure STOP car immediately. I have checked the oil and its fine, but the funny thing is it dosnt always do it. I have had the sensor changed by the dealer, but it still some times comes in. The dealer says it will need a new engine. Has anyone had similar problems. Thanks in advance for any help.

My son and I chased a similar issue on his Renault Trafic. We bench tested the sensor which seemed OK, and then checked the oil pressure with a test kit from ebay - that was OK too. We fitted a new sensor, and may perhaps have disturbed a poor electrical connection or short, but all was then OK.

I don't know how easy that would be to do on your DS but you would then know if you actually have good oil pressure. I think it would be making a few horrible noises if you haven't!
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

....but it's still under warranty isn't it? Let the dealer do as he wishes
      Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Working...
      X