Engine Flush - Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Flush - Is it worth it?

Old school me, always thought adding anything that cleans out your engine before an oil change probably removes the gunk that's keeping the compression up anyway.

Coming up to a driveway service, 75000 miles.

What are our thoughts?

Any recommended products?

Any horror stories with the DS3 (eHDI)
    DS3 DSport 1.6 Airdream e-Hdi 110 - Pealescent Red: White Roof, Mirrors, Alloys - Light Bulb Modifications so far... Mwah Ha Ha Haa

The worst thing I've found with this engine is the silly sump pan. The sump plug isn't the lowest point so all the oil isn't drained.

I've thought about putting half a litre of clean oil in while the sump plug is removed to try and push more of the old oil out, I hope that makes sense?

Anyway, I'm not a fan of oil flushes.

I just don't like the idea of putting something in that won't all come out in the end and my thoughts are that the flush could contaminate the fresh oil.

I really think there is no point in using them on a well maintained engine.

With my experience with my old car, I did an oil change every 6k miles and it has done almost 350k miles now, still runs great. I had to change an oil seal on it that required a bearing cap to be removed on the crank and that shell looked to be in great condition. The whole of the bottom end looked clean with no sign of sludge or crap.

Comment

Yes- any maintainance with decent products, is good maintainance. especially if you keep the car long term
      engine lubricant, valve cleaning, cooloant etc etc
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
      X