1.6 eHdi Hesitation / 'missing' - worse in higher gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 eHdi Hesitation / 'missing' - worse in higher gears

My 1.6 eHdi has just starting playing up; feels like its missing, but as its a diesel I assume its a injector problem - Seems fine in 1st and 2nd, goes through the rev range reasonably well; 3rd feels a bit off around 2,500 rpm but 4th is worse at 1200+ rpm. Feels like your trying to go up hill at 25mph in 4th rather than 40mph on the flat.

My first thought is a fuelling problem but I would of thought this would be across all gears and rpm ranges. There's no warning lights or messages, I won't be able to get it to a diagnostic until Monday... Any ideas / suggestions before then?

What's the mileage on it and what sort of journeys do you do in it?

At a guess it could be fuel issue but I think that would log a fault code and the EML light would come on or I'm thinking it's more likely to be a EGR valve issue.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeTurbo
      What's the mileage on it and what sort of journeys do you do in it?

At a guess it could be fuel issue but I think that would log a fault code and the EML light would come on or I'm thinking it's more likely to be a EGR valve issue.
      45k, mid week short town journeys with runs out at the weekend.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Not many miles under its belt.

Do you use supermarket fuel or branded station?

Comment

Originally posted by DeeTurbo
          Not many miles under its belt.

Do you use supermarket fuel or branded station?
          Branded (shell), has a fuel cleaner in it at the moment, halfway through the tank so far.

Had a long run recently, so I would think that should rule out the dpf too... Read a bit on this forum about people having a similar problem and being told it was an active regeneration cycle causing it (doubt that's considered normal).

Comment

DPF ? Particulate filter needs a good blasting?
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue
              DPF ? Particulate filter needs a good blasting?
              Was a thought, but I don't like the idea of that being a normal thing...

Went back out last night when the traffic had died off to see if it was just a blip or still there. Was still the same felt rough in 3rd at 2400rpm, worse in 4th at 1600rpm... Felt close to a stall / fighting feel.

You could push through it to higher revs, 5th was the same as 4th... So drove it for a while at high ish revs (a little above the normal gear change), after about 10/15 mins it seemed to improve. Drove this morning and its as normal now.

Makes it sound like a dpf or blockage somewhere that cleared. Again though, don't like the idea that anyway normal for a DPF clearance...

Comment

Working...
              X