Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Fans not working.

Hi everyone,

I have trolled through a lot of posts and tried many suggestions but I think i have come to a standstill, the other week my heater fans stopped working, I could feel when driving that there was some warmth coming from the fans but the fans were not spinning, I have replaced the resistor and this has made no change, the fuses are all okay, I have powered the motor itself to make sure that there wasn't an issue with the motor and that spins up just fine, however when i turn on the ignition and turn the fan speed up or down, nothing happens, I cant find a short or any issues with the connection to the motor itself.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Body control unit playing up? Might explain the components working but the signal to them not working.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Is it the climate control type or the old dial panel you have?

Is it worth checking the plugs on the back of the control panel.

Comment

So I have spent all weekend working on it, got it working, I say that, It was working on my drive home last night, then this morning its stopped working again. New resistor fitted, fixed the wiring loom between the control panel and the heater fan (Old manual version because i'm cheap) put the glove box back in and all interior plastics.. so guess what I am doing after the gym tonight.

Comment

Don't go to the gym, you might end up with to little time. What did the trick ? Any idea why it started working again ?

Comment

Okay so there now seems to be an issue with the female connector, may have bodged it to get me through the week , after doing a lot of work with this anybody else that faces this issue here are the steps I have taken to resolve it.

1. Power the motor from the battery to make sure that the motor can spin up (Try and eliminate the Motor in the first instance.)
            2. Run a continuity test on the wiring loom to make sure that there are no breaks in the cables. (Checking the cable from the heater controls to the resistor and motor, also checking that you have a live power reaching them.)
            3. Check that the connectors are seated correctly and that there are no burns or damage to any connectors.
            4. Check the resistor make sure that this has not failed.

In my case the resistor had failed, I had a broken cable (No idea how this happened) and the connector was not fitting properly, I resolved it by replacing the resistor, fixing the cable and running a continuity test to make sure that the current was reaching either end of the cable and I will be replacing the female connector on the weekend.

Also this is important, make sure that the resistor is fitted correctly, I put it back in a bit of a rush and it wasn't closed causing a bit of an air leak, which in turn caused a lack of air flow from the fans.

Hope this can help anyone in my position because it seems to be quite a common thing, !! ALSO note that the DS3 has two types of resistors, if you have manual controls you more than likely have the basic resistor, if you have automatic controls you will have the hedgehog type resistor, don't get caught out by this one.

Comment

The heater fan of my vehicle not working properly sine morning when I was in rout of my journey. Many people face the same problem in the same companies of vehicles and give best assignment writers uk to company please fix this problem of fans.

Comment

I am glad to read this article. google

Comment

Working...
                X