Water pump recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pump recall

So, my 2010 THP is going to the dealership on Monday for a rear coil spring replacement courtesy of the extended warranty.

They called me yesterday to tell me that there is an outstanding recall for a water pump replacement which they'd like to do at the same time. Seems odd to me on a nearly 8 year old car that they've serviced from new!

Does anyone have any more info? Is there an auxiliary pump for the turbo? Is it that?............................
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

There is a small electric pump fort the turbo. Do not know if it is about that but the mini THP engines did have a recall to replace it. They were catching on fire.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Well, my car has now had 3 roadsprings replaced which suggests that the fourth may be on it's way soon!

As for the recall I'm none the wiser since you can't get to speak with technical folks - the item on the worksheet is "carried out GAV RECALL" ................................
      Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

It’s the “regular” coolant pump. If it has a plastic housing, then it’s replaced with a pump with a metal housing.

Mine had a software update a few months ago and when they tried to put this through the system they told me they weren’t able to get paid for the work until they also changed this pump (I think it’s a “service campaign” instead of a recall, so they never sent me a letter for it).
        Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
        2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

Mine’s a 2011 THP155 and was 6 yrs old when it was replaced.
          Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
          2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

thanks for the replies folks

Comment

I purchased my 2011 THP155 last year with 6mth warranty which has now expired. After reading the above comments I decided to call my local citroen garage and enquire about the recall, to my surprise my car is booked in for coolant system to be checked as a recall. At present my issue is burning smell from under the bonnet ,temp gauge says fine and engine is extremely hot with no loss of coolant I can see. Fingers crossed citroen sort my problem out.

Comment

I didn't know that warranty would cover this replacement, but it's great to see that this is the case. I was looking up some information on Water & FireDamage Restoration and that's how I ended up reading this. Nonetheless, it's good to know that warranties cover stuff like this as well.

Comment

Working...
                X