Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine fault + accelerator pedal problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine fault + accelerator pedal problem.

Hi all,

So a couple of weeks back I turned my ignition on and an engine fault pops up, the car seemed to run ok and it disappeared after a few days.

Fast forword to yesterday when I was driving home, the engine fault again pops up and has since stayed on.

Today i drive to work as normal and get back in my car for lunch, as I’m driving I notice the accelerator pedal has started to stick a little before I can press it all the way down. I’ve had the car 2 years now and am pretty sure it has never been like that before.

So im wondering could these 2 things be connected and if so, what could it be? My car is the 2012 1.6VTI.

Thanks and sorry for the kinda long post!

I think i have the same problem with the accelerator pedal. With mine its like the last bit of the pedal it feels like i need to push it over some kind of bump. Cant remember if it has always been like this

Comment

Originally posted by Cake View Post
      I think i have the same problem with the accelerator pedal. With mine its like the last bit of the pedal it feels like i need to push it over some kind of bump. Cant remember if it has always been like this
      This is the normal operation of the pedal pushing past that hard point will override the speed limiter if it is set.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
      X