DS3 one key shows anti theft system faulty warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 one key shows anti theft system faulty warning

Hi, one of my keys is no longer working. A warning flashes up saying 'anti theft system faulty' when I try to use it. The other key is fine and works no issues. I suspect the key isn't turning the immobiliser off. I've changed the battery in the key but this hasn't worked. Obviously I might just need a new key, but since I use this key very rarely I wonder if its maybe gone flat and I've not changed the battery in time? If so presumably now I've changed the battery I could somehow reprogramme the key? Anyone know if this doable - or is this a dealership situation. thanks. Dan
    DS3 THP 155 - stage 2+ remap, milltek sports cat and non resonated exhaust system, airtec FM intercooler and alloy boost pipes, induction kit. Mtech short shifter, VAG recirculation valve with uprated alta spring, uprated hpfp, uprated spark plugs, uprated coil pack, VTA twin pcv to filtered catch can, uprated Sachs clutch, ebc brake pads and vented discs, LED interior lighting, rcz gearknob, Michelin pilot sport 4s, iridium spark plugs

If you’ve changed the battery you probably need to reinitialise the key.

From the manual:
    “Reinitialisation
    - Switch off the ignition.
    - Turn the key to position 2 (Ignition).
    - Press the closed padlock immediately for a few seconds.
    - Switch off the ignition and remove the key from the ignition switch.
    - The remote control is fully operational again. “
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

What was the problem when the key wasn’t working ?

Comment

What was the problem when the key wasn’t working ?

Comment

Working...
        X