Side Skirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Skirts

Just a quick one guys. My side skirt has come loose on one side.
    I have a small gap from the middle of the car and then is linked by the first clip nearest the driver wheel. The clips are all still there.

Do they just pop in or is it just a twisting motion etc to get in?

Thanks guys.

I would guess that some of the clips are broken - a replacement set looks like THIS
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

The clips slide onto the side skirt and then just pop into the body holes. I have just replaced the clips on one side as my wife hit a kurb and the skirt popped off. It did stop the sill from getting damaged though. The clips are only available as a complete set for one side and cost 13 Euros in France, so should be cheaper in England (most French car parts are). Incidentally, I did buy a set of 10 "body trim clips" from eBay for £1.20 delivered as I had been told to expect to pay 40 Euros for the set from Citroen but the clips were too large. Rather than drill out the body holes I went back to Citroen and was pleasantly suprised.

Comment

Hello all,

Been a lurker on and off but decided to join up as now I do need some help from you DS3 gurus.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but thought I should search first before posting something new and GazzaLPG's thread seemed to be the same issue I'm having.
        I don't remember hitting or knocknig my drivers side skirt at all but sure enough I have a gap between the body work and the skirt now, it's just behind the front wheel.
        The clip definitely seems to still be there but I can't push it back into the body or at least where I think it should be going back in to. Is there a knack to it or does it need some forcing in?
        I'm not sure if it matters too much but the bolt right behind the drivers wheel (at the end of the skirt) seems to be loose. The very front of it wobbles a lot but it hasn't fallen out so maybe it's sheared or broken?

Any help would be muchly appreciated, I just don't seem to be able to push or clip the skirt back in.

Thank you.
        2013 DSport Red THP155

Comment

^ ^ clip probably come loose- get a few off ebay/ Citroen
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Is there a knack to getting the skirt back on car, i have replaced the seven clips but tried jacking the skirt in place and old faithful hammer but clips are not engaging..do the clips go in first then slide skirt in place. Any advice would be much appreciated

Comment

I have a vague memory that one or more clips are fitted to the car first and the skirt is slid onto it/them - the remaining clips are fitted to the skirt and are just a push in fit...................or perhaps I'm thinking of something else!

Have you looked at the eBay item? There are 10 clips in all - four different types
              Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

I bought new clips of Ebay and replaced 7 but no matter how hard i push,bang and tried jacking the skirt into place it refuses to engage...i was even thinking of getting drywall fixings and using them. Justhave to drill skirt first. Thanks for your help Owd git. Lol

Comment

May be best to get them from a main dealer spares dept- you never know with ebay

Are they little square like clips, that push into a square hole, then the skirt slides onto them
                  I may be thinking of another car, but have removed and replaced mine on a DS3 years ago when I plastidipped them

They were a bit of a bugger TBH
                  And in fact, I have to do mine soon (Spring) as one of the trims is well rattly
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

No they are round with a round hole in the car the end of the clip is square but that locks directly into the skirt.... i have tried just pushing a new clip into the hole in car but its difficult. I might try cutting them with a fine saw so they collapse more so getting easier to insert as long as i do not cut to much it should work....fingers crossed. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES

Comment

Honest, get the proper ones from Citroen.
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi my main problem was the clips that arrived were the wrong ones I think they were for the door trim...i have ordered the correct BLUE clips and they arrive monday...weather permitting obviously LOL. Thanks everyone for your help and advice

Comment

Originally posted by Mcooper75 View Post
                          Hi my main problem was the clips that arrived were the wrong ones I think they were for the door trim...i have ordered the correct BLUE clips and they arrive monday...weather permitting obviously LOL. Thanks everyone for your help and advice
                          Hi, did it work with the blue clips? Was it sliding in or beating in?
                          I've got white ones, not genuine but look and work same I think. Can't seem to get the skirt on though and I'm thinking maybe it is due to the fakeness of the clips?

How hard can it be to make a fake little clip that does the same thing as original? I'm thinking the problem is on my end and I'm doing something wrong.
                          Did you remove mudflaps?

Comment

Missus bought a 14 plate DS3 1.6 Vti with a missing skirt on the passenger side. We bought a new skirt from Citroen that came complete with clips and it just popped straight in. Lined up the clips, applied upward pressure with thumb and in the clips went. There was a gap (turned out a slight dent in the sill) so we took the sill back off to have a look breaking some (not all) clips in the process. Bought new clips from ebay. Using these clips the sill would not go in, even with taps from a mallet. Comparing the ebay clips with the original Citroen (still intact) clips noticed the originals were made of a quite flexible plastic but the ebay ones were SOLID, no flex. Bought another set of clips from Citroen and skirt popped straight in. There you go.

Both sets of clips looked the same apart from a slight difference in the shade of blue on the round clips. The difference in the flexibility of the clips was massive.

I am an engineer who worked hands on in industrial maintenance for 10 years before becoming a hands on Commissioning Engineer. Seen this sort of thing before with rubber/plastic clips/bungs/covers etc.

Comment

Essaywonders reviews offers academic writing services that help students achieve their goals. Get your paper written by our expert writers today.

Comment

Working...
                              X