Reversing sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing sensors

Hi everyone, So i have 2 year olda DS3 100ps Nav3, have only had it about 3 months but been having issues with the reversing sensor, have gone from it constantly beeping with the red graphics showing an iminent hazard to beeping with no graphics showing. had it back they replaced one of the sensors and within a couple of days stopped working again with no graphic showing to having it back and them replacing another of the sensors which i am not convinced is working fine. I park on a driveway which isnt level and on a hill so i would expect it to bleep when i am reversing but it doesnt. Got to work and reversed into a parking space and it only starts beeping when i am within a few centimetres of a big pillar. Would you expect it to beep evertyime you are reversing with the warning lights showing green at least or am i being a little sensitive about it not working . Thanks very much in advance.

Sounds like it’s not working. Even when on green (far away from obstacles) the system should beep slowly, getting faster as you get closer to the obstacle. It does on both mine and Kat’s cars (2014 THP / 2016 Performance).
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Hi Beefmasta,

Thank you i have been convinced they arent working properly but the other half thinks i am being over sensitive lol. Will speak to the garage as they dont seem to start working until i am close to something. I dont even get the green until i am near an obstacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Reikilight
        Hi Beefmasta,

Thank you i have been convinced they arent working properly but the other half thinks i am being over sensitive lol. Will speak to the garage as they dont seem to start working until i am close to something. I dont even get the green until i am near an obstacle.
        Easiest way to check is to get someone to stand about 6ft away from the car, put it in reverse then get them to slowly walk towards the rear. There’s 3 stages of beeps, getting faster until about 6 inches away when it’s constant.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
        X