• Show
Clear All

• water leak in passenger footwell

Click image for larger version

Name:	D89BD233-64D9-4A0A-A182-03818791B480.jpeg
Views:	3019
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	396052

Hello, Looking for any help or advice with my DS3.

Bought it from Arnold Clark, its just under 3 years old.

I've only had the car 2 months. Just over 30 days of buying it I found a puddle in my passenger footwell. I reported it to Arnold Clark who have been water testing it this past week and can’t replicate it.

I managed to video the water coming in the day after the puddle appeared. They’ve saw this too. It appears to be dripping in from the plastic casing that you step over getting into the car right onto the carpet.

I’m heading over to see Arnold Clark to and get my car back today but my biggest concern is the leak can’t be found and my car warranty expires next month. The vehicle is still in the Arnold Clark 60 day warranty too.

I'm just not sure where things stand now as they can’t repair it. I love the car and want to keep it.

can anyone help or suggest what I should do? I’ve read up on my consumer rights but I can see me having to fight with Arnold Clark on it. Surely Citroen have some responsibility with it under warranty...

thanks,
    nic

You have bought a fault to their attention within the warranty period so they can't not rectify it, also you have documented a problem that existed when you purchased the car that makes it the dealers problem not yours. I would get written confirmation that they have solved the problem, what it was and what action they took, then if it happens again you will have some protection.

Comment

The saga continues. I picked my car up on Wednesday after they managed to replicate the issue on the second look, replaced the seal and clips.

I got in the car this morning and went to lift the paper they put down after cleaning it to find it damp with a water stain and can see water between the seal and plastic casing. Carpet is slightly damp too. Phoning them this morning.

Im losing hope they'll be able to fix this. The service guy told me there is no guarantee on the repair and if it happens again after the warrenty expires I’ll need to pay for repairs. I kinda don’t want a car that has potential water leak. It’s killing my new car buzz haha!

Comment

Ok so you have advised them of a pre-existing fault with the car, they have to rectify it. It does not matter how long they say their guarantee is for, they have to abide by the sales of good act, which supersedes any and all manufactures guarantee. Make sure you have documentation for when the fault was originally reported and what action they took to correct it (ask then to put this in writing). Any repair they carry out must be to a reasonable level (it should last), if not then they will be deemed to have not corrected the original fault.

If you are concerned about this going forwards I would speak to your local trading standards office now and see what action they advise.

Comment

It may be the same issue I had but in my case on the drivers side. My flood was due to a break in the pipework taking the air conditioning condensate water to the external drain point. A liking joint meant the drivers foot well filled with water every time I turned the air conditioning on. There is a similar town problem on the C4.

My garage tried load of leak tests etc. to no avail with the car off the road for weeks, and nothing found. Eventually, I persuaded them to check all the A/C internal pipework as I know C4s had a known problem, at which point they discovered a leaking joint which resulted in the condensate going into the footwell instead of through the external drain.

Are you seeing a pool of A/C water under the car when you stop, I hadn't but do now the joint is properly made.

So, if you can't see ever see a pool of air conditioning water under that car and you have a wet footwell this is most likely your problem.

Also, if the water in the car is very clean that is also a clue that it A/C condensate.

It was easily fixed and the car dries out quickly!

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X