First Post.....Roof problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Post.....Roof problem!

Hi all, just joined and surprise, surprise, have a problem!
    Daughters DS3 Cabrio and the roof will not work one side. Seems this is a broken cable and Citroen want many, many 000's to rectify, almost the car's value! I've booked it in with a Company in Redhill who have quoted just under £2000, better but still an awful lot of money for a cable,
    is it possible to get hold of or at least see a Workshop Manual showing the roof? I was a mechanic for 14 years although many, many moons ago and I hate feeling I'm being ripped off! Many thanks for reading and hope I,can be of help to someone here in the future.

Well the good news is that cables are available as a spare, part number 16 101 932 80. I think they come in at about £90. The bad news is that I haven't come across anything on service.citroen.com on how to fit them. There is a guy in Huddersfield who can repair roofs https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-C...UAAMXQ9rVQ4X7Q. He might be worth a call. Keep us posted as I think DS3 Cabrio roof problems seem to be cropping up more frequently and as I have a one I would like to be prepared!

Comment

Hi, thank you for reply and suggestion, I'll be on it in the morning, fingers crossed he is happy to work on DS3's"

Comment

Just contacted the guy, very helpful and seems to know what he is doing, always a good thing! Yes he can fix DS3's BUT he is having trouble getting the Cables from France. Anyone any idea of where I could try and locate them? It could save my Daughter £1500!!!!!

Comment

This sounds positive so far. Suggest you try a dealer yourself. When I made an enquiry purely through curiosity with my local dealer three weeks ago, they were telling me they could get them the next day. Good luck and continue to keep us posted

Comment

Fingers crossed for you marlowboy . Keep us posted, I'm sure there will be other cabrio owners interested in how this turns out.
            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Hi,
              just wondering what the outcome was? I have a DS3 cabrio 2013, which had the machine gun noise for a bit and now the roof gets stuck on the right side, with the left only opening to 15 cm! Literally just happened!
              I’m panicking now at the costs mentioned in some forum posts!
              Please share your solution if you found one. X

Comment

Hi, I have imported the cables from Germany, costing around £160 and taking them along with the car on Monday to guy in the Midlands to have them fitted. I’ll keep you up to date with the outcome, he thinks, 2Days.

Comment

Hi there, do you have an update on this? I'm currently in the exact same position, Citroen have charged me £3,365 for a new roof and that's with "good will" discount of 40%! I'd love to know how you have got around this as I'm stuck and not sure what to do.. thank you

Comment

Hi, I have updated on another thread but.....not great news. Because the guy could not open the roof to do anything he has had to force it open. I purchased a complete working roof from a Breakers Yard and they cut it off at the Pillars and through the screen and delivered it on Friday. I hope to pick car up this week and find out what he has had to do and how much it’s going to cost. I am now looking at buying a Warranty to cover it in case it happens again, looking at around £450,could be an investment! I’ll let you know the outcome.

Comment

Just a quick update, collecting car next Thursday, I’m away for a few days. Still don’t know cost yet, dreading to find out if I’m honest! No luck with a Warranty, everyone I’ve contacted, 4 or 5 Company’s, do not cover the Roof. Seems they would if it were hydraulic but being cable, no. The Motors would be covered but that does not seem to be the problem. Still looking!

Comment

Think we are all learning about the Cabrio. Was real close in buying one myself
                        Good luck with the bill.
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sunning myself down in Dartmouth so not now collecting until Friday, cost..........
                          £450 Labour plus £550 for Roof, expensive but could be a lot worse! Anyone wanna buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by marlowboy View Post
                            Sunning myself down in Dartmouth so not now collecting until Friday, cost..........
                            £450 Labour plus £550 for Roof, expensive but could be a lot worse! Anyone wanna buy it?
                            The Roof, the Cabrio or Dartmouth??
                            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Phoaaaa. Still woudnt be a happy man, me. But if it works, then at least its done
                              Happy motoring from now own

Now I Know why you do Dartmouth and not Dallas!
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X