Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake gear 'locked' position

Hey all,

Going to be redoing the timing on my THP as the LTFT problem still hasn't been solved. I think the gear slipped as the exhaust and crank are still in line... So the chain hasn't been streched (yet).
    When going over the tech documentation, they talk about locking the intake gear (bmw talks about locking the vanos gear). But how do i know it's locked. You can't see it, as you can on some other vanos gears on BMW's.
    Last time i did the engine timing i replaced everything, don't really think that necessary after only 25k. But hadn't have to worry about the locking the gear part.

Jamie@SPTuning: You are probably my best bet...

Thanks

Put the locking tool on the camshafts then attempt to turn the VVT pulley (via the bolt) in both directions.
    It should feel "locked".

Comment

There’s no locking tool for the dephaser itself as far as I know. You just need to ensure the dephaser has fully returned to its rest position by locking crank and turning intake camshaft with 26mm spanner. There’s a Peugeot technical video on YouTube showing this check.
      https://youtu.be/Hv3co6g8-J0
      White on red THP
      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
      X