Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! MOT shortly and my DS3 has got problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! MOT shortly and my DS3 has got problems.

Hi.

I've got my MOT coming up shortly and want to get the below issues sorted out before it comes along. Although they may not result in MOT failures I'd prefer to get them sorted.

Parking Sensors - When I place the car into reverse it comes up with a service light and says that there is a fault. I have cleaned each of the sensors on the back but that doesnt seem to have made a difference. It makes one beep then just holds the service light.

Door locking when I reach a certain speed - The system that activates the door locking when the DS3 reaches a certain speed does not seem to be working.

Has anyone got any ideas on what could be causing these issues?

Thanks.

The door locking is a setting that can be switched on or off. Have you confirmed that it is on? Mine actually "warns" when I start the car that automatic locking is enabled.

Comment

Have you tried removing the sensors one by one and trying to engage reverse? It might be one sensor has failed. I believe that they can be a bit temperamental if they get wet too. I don't have the sensors myself, so someone else might be able to help better.

Have you accidentally deactivated the automatic centralised locking? Page 104 of the handbook states to activate it, you need to press the big red lock button for more than 2 seconds and confirmation will appear on the screen with an audible signal. This will show whether its active or not.

Last edited by Funky; 13-07-2018, 15:43.
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

How about just book it in to get those issues fixed at the same time as the MOT?
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

As Funky says, door locking can be turned on or off.

Worth getting the parking sensors checked out though.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
          X