Ds3 hdi won’t start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 hdi won’t start.

Hi all I have a 62 plate hdi. The car has gone into economy mode and won’t start. I’ve tried changing the battery. It also won’t communicate with my snap on scanner. The drivers window is down and need to get this up for obvious reasons. Is there anything I can do. Has anyone come across this before , would it go with a bump start ? Thanks in advance.

Hi and firstly welcome to the forum. Have you made sure the battery connections to the terminals are clean and connected correctly?

I remember reading something about the BSI being the problem and may need a fix or update from Citroën. Found this but I'm not sure if it's legit or not:

"The most likely reason for the vehicle prematurely entering Economy Mode is a failure in the BSI (body control). The unit may simply need resetting and I would try this first: l) Open the driver’s window and ensure the bonnet is open 2) Ensure everything is switched off and all doors are closed 3) Remove the key from the ignition and wait for three minutes 4) Disconnect the battery for 15 seconds then reconnect 5) After a further 10 seconds and without opening the door, reach through the driver’s open window and turn on the sidelights 6) Switch on the ignition 7) Hold down the lock button on the key for 10 seconds 8) Remove the key from the ignition, then open and close the driver’s door 9) Lock and unlock central locking using the key 10) Enter the vehicle and start the engine Following this procedure, if the system still goes immediately into Economy Mode then it is most likely that the BSI will need repairing."
    Last edited by Funky; 13-07-2018, 13:23.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

thanks for your reply, i cant try that as the damn remote key dosnt work, is there any other way round this ??

Comment

cant you call AA/RAC ?
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

The car is here at home, and havnt got home start on my AA cover, grrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            cant you call AA/RAC ?
            I agree with Chris, get your Roadside Recovery out to take a look. I'm not sure a jump start will do you any good tbh.

You say you've changed the battery. I presume it's a brand new one and you checked to make sure it was the correct one with Halfrauds or Eurocarparts? If you have the same e-HDi as me you need to make sure you get a start/stop battery due to the Eco.

If yes to all that, it could well be the BSI and you defo need some kind of help from the AA/RAC to get it to a dealer or reputable garage for them to check it out.

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy68 View Post
              The car is here at home, and havnt got home start on my AA cover, grrrrr
              Get a couple of mates to help you push it round the corner, then call them

Comment

If it turns out to be the bsi unit can i just get a 2nd hand one or does it need coding to the car, will it stop the car starting ?

Comment

I think you can get them 2nd hand, but I'm pretty certain it's not just a "plug and play" kinda scenario. You will need some kind of software config and updates I would've thought.

How come your remote key doesn't work? Does your spare one not work either?

Comment

i have a spare but its not a remote one, the remote one keeps falling apart, ive been reading about the shunt fuse, what does this do ?

Comment

Not 100% sure, but unless you can try the BSI reset steps, I'd be getting it to a garage to get it checked over. The last thing you want is to start tinkering and break something else without knowing it and then it end up costing you more to get repaired.

Comment

upgrade to homestart, or get someone you know who has full car cover to come sit with you: I am RAC and whatever car I am in, its covered
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

does engine turn over- or nothing at all when key turned?
                          Does it clunk?
                          Starter motor
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Here’s the weird thing ? If I take the shunt fuse out for a minute the radio came on for about 5 seconds but then goes into eco mode , but if I take the fuse
                            out and put it in the other side the anti theft message comes up first aswell as the eco mode seconds later. But this only happens on the one side.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                              does engine turn over- or nothing at all when key turned?
                              Does it clunk?
                              Starter motor
                              Yes it turns over fine. Fast for a couple of seconds then slower. But turns over fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X