Weird oil pressure vs oil level error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird oil pressure vs oil level error

Hey all, bought my DS3 THP 155 (2014) from Carshop last month and they found an unusual error which says the oil level (which is fine) is different to the oil pressure. They’ve replaced the sensor and error is still there, so they’re sending me to Citroen to have it ‘reprogrammed’. Anyone got any experience of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No relevant experience (or knowledge!) here, and someone with either should be along soon. In the meantime, if the car is saying the oil level and the oil pressure are not consistent with each other, it sounds like (a) a sensor issue; (b) the wrong grade of oil; (c) a blockage somewhere; (d) to (z) something else I haven't though of! Evidently they've repalced "the sensor" but there must, surely be at least two sensors - one for pressure and one for level?
    Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Thank you and good problem solving skills! It’s booked into Citroen to take a look next week. Oil level is good and oil pressure is also correct (apparently), so something else weird causing it. Drives like a dream, though!

Comment

Feel like a total nonce - I didn’t check the oil level myself as I assumed that’d be the first thing Carshop would check with an oil related sensor.

However, Citroen did diagnostics, checked oil level and found it was slightly low, stuck half a litre in and the error cleared. Just goes to show - never trust professionals to check the basics!

Comment

Working...
        X